Brisket - Franklin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisket - Franklin!

Ok, so I missed this guy. I not in Texas and not in comps for long time, but I like what he is doin here! I missed the butcher paper thingie too!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gybrM6EQ6fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pGZ39yYxeBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sMIlyzRFUjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Thanks Mark...
    Fun to watch a master at work...
    Some very good info there no matter if you're cookin your first or if ya cooked a thousand...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Yup, thanks for the post Mark... good info!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I find it interesting he doesn't separate the flat from the point at all. When he slices the point, it looks like he slices the flat below with the grain??? Never seen that.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
          I find it interesting he doesn't separate the flat from the point at all. When he slices the point, it looks like he slices the flat below with the grain??? Never seen that.
          I thought the same thing but he cooks and sells a whole lot more briskets than I do...
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Brisket - Franklin!

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            I thought the same thing but he cooks and sells a whole lot more briskets than I do...

If you want to try Franklin's brisket... people start lining up at sunrise, you need to be in line by 8 or 9 o'clock because he starts serving @ 11am and usually runs out of brisket by 1pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
              I hear that! Just goes to shoe, the learning curve never ends!!!
              Mark
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HornedToad View Post
                If you want to try Franklin's brisket... people start lining up at sunrise, you need to be in line by 8 or 9 o'clock because he starts serving @ 11am and usually runs out of brisket by 1pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had it. It's good but not worth standing in line.
                sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Ya, amazing. You should read his story. Pretty good. He's got some PBS episodes I think, he's really a normal guy.

I was buying shit on Amazon and his book came up. No new stuff for you, but it's well written and again from where he started loving to cook to where he is, great Texas BBQ story.

Comment

So, if a guy is hard working. Starts from scratch, makes a TV show, sells a bazillion lbs of meat a day, and has a major best seller you wonder why he cuts briskets without removing the flats?

jwbtulsa, do you make $$$$$$$ a day cooking?

Prolly not.

Ask him for a one to one showdown, might even make some money like he does.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mark R;613722]Ok, so I missed this guy. I not in Texas and not in comps for long time, but I like what he is doin here! I missed the butcher paper thingie too!

I bought a roll of BP before you? Holy batman pile!

Used it once for a brisket, better than alum foil for sure. Cover twice.

Comment

Yeah I don't think I will challenge him but I would LOVE to cook along side him for just one day...I gotta feeling I would learn a thing or twelve...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Conumdrum View Post
                          So, if a guy is hard working. Starts from scratch, makes a TV show, sells a bazillion lbs of meat a day, and has a major best seller you wonder why he cuts briskets without removing the flats?

jwbtulsa, do you make $$$$$$$ a day cooking?

Prolly not.

Ask him for a one to one showdown, might even make some money like he does.
                          My take on that is, the point is the most moist part of the brisket. The flat under it is the most lean part so it balances out.....kind of.

First time I've see one cut that way.
                          Mark
                          sigpic

Comment

Do a YOUTUBE search on Aaron Franklin. The ones with him at Texas A&M are great to watch
                            7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
                            Weber EX6 Smokefire
                            Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
                            90 Qt LOCO Crawfish Cooker
                            Everything else burned up in my house fire

Comment

Originally posted by HornedToad View Post
                              If you want to try Franklin's brisket... people start lining up at sunrise, you need to be in line by 8 or 9 o'clock because he starts serving @ 11am
                              Yeah...no... that’s not gonna happen with me anytime soon
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X