Posted On: 01-17-2018
Replies: 13
Views: 190
0 The most satisfying sound...
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Posted On: 01-17-2018
Replies: 11
Views: 188
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Posted On: 01-16-2018
Replies: 5
Views: 105
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,522 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,183 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,421 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 02-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Tailgater

HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
Default Fresh Trout smoked on an Apple Wood Plank

Could not wait to use the Apple Wood I scored this weekend and found this recipe, which I followed very loosely.

First... I didn't want to lose a finger trying to plank a log with my skill saw, so I just found the flattest chuck to use. Soaked it in water and covered with an aluminum tray on the grill, yes it smoked well.

Second... Texas Park and Wildlife stocked the neighborhood pond with trout today. All my gear is on the boat at the lake so I had to go to Academy and get a Snoopy pole and some Super Duper lures. Those small trout luv those lures and I caught three in 30 minutes.

Third... the recipe called for you to make some weird salad and crisp the trout skin to sprinkle over it, think I'll just do a blue cheese wedge with bacon.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 02-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Interesting approach with the pan covering the fish...

Looks like it turned out great...Especially with the snoopy pole and super dooper lures

Craig
Old 02-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Rub Mixer

Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All
Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All

Looks amazing! Would hit that hard. Any pics of the super duper lure?

Smoke Vault 24
Vermont Castings Grill
Thermoworks Smoke
Old 02-09-2017, 11:27 PM
Tailgater

HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All

I have thrown all kinds of different baits and lures at the stocked trout for many years... and the Super Dupers never let me down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Rub Mixer

Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All
Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedToad View Post
I have thrown all kinds of different baits and lures at the stocked trout for many years... and the Super Dupers never let me down.

Thanks for the pic. I googled and found them on the net. I will get some for trout season this spring in PA and see if they like them here too.

Smoke Vault 24
Vermont Castings Grill
Thermoworks Smoke

Last edited by Smooth E Smoke; 02-10-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Looks and sounds great!

Good ol lures too 👍
Old 02-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Wursthersteller

Snarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To All
Snarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To All

Man, that looks good. Can't beat a good bleu chese wedge, and the trout looks amazing.
Bad Girls

If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'til you do suck seed. -- Curly Howard

Do not cry havoc when you should but hunt with modest warrant. -- William Shakespear

NRA Endowment Member
Certified Glock Armorer
Old 02-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Love Me some Smoked Trout!!

Nice Job!

They only stock Rainbows??
Not that there's anything wrong with Rainbows---Just wondering.

Bear
Old 02-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Pit Master

shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All
shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great! Spring trout in PA it's a favorite. I always smoke some trout up for this one guy that makes a smoked trout dip for crackers. Really good stuff! And way to get the younger ones interested!

Earnhardt Jr smoker
Brinkman smoke n' grill
a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Old 02-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Looks tasty
Old 02-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
They only stock Rainbows??

Not that there's anything wrong with Rainbows---Just wondering.

Bear

They only stock Rainbow trout in the neighborhood ponds, but there is a section of the Guadalupe river that is stock with browns.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedToad View Post
They only stock Rainbow trout in the neighborhood ponds, but there is a section of the Guadalupe river that is stock with browns.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

aw yeah! and taking a baby fishing!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Fish