Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations

911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here!!!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Prime Brisket
Last Post: Blinginpse
Posted On: 12-11-2017
Replies: 12
Views: 103
0 8lb. Round Roast To Jerky
Last Post: devo
Replies: 0
Views: 12
0 My almost clean room processing area. Picture HEAVY
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 4
Views: 63
6 Cinnamon Roll Shooters...
Last Post: Slanted88
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 3
Views: 96
0 Welcome Smitty15/6
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 12-10-2017
Replies: 18
Views: 236
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,457 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,966 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,505 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 02-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Fire Starter

jgruberman Is Just Starting Out
Default Can I Use an Oven for Resting?

Long story short, my brisket finished 4 hours early and now it's resting. Usually I wrap it in foil and put it in blankets in a cooler. However, I'd like it to stay nice and fresh for the next 4-5 hours if possible... Can I set the oven (lowest it goes is 170), and use that for longer resting? What's the best way to keep this cut warm and ready?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 02-26-2017, 09:21 AM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

I have wrapped and coolered for 4 hours with no problem.....still plenty hot
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 02-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

As long as it's wrapped you should be OK but I have kept meat hot in a cooler for 4 hours many times...
Old 02-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Fire Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
I have wrapped and coolered for 4 hours with no problem.....still plenty hot
Oh good. The worst thing about making food for people is when it's perfect fresh, but then doesn't get eaten until it cools.

At those smokehouses and BBQ joints, how do they keep the cuts warm for prolonged periods? A food warmer?

Old 02-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

Not sure about the BBQ joints...I usually wad up newspaper and stuff around my foiled food and pack it it cooler. Even after four hours butts are so hot you can not hardly handle them.
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 02-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Fire Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
Not sure about the BBQ joints...I usually wad up newspaper and stuff around my foiled food and pack it it cooler. Even after four hours butts are so hot you can not hardly handle them.
Oh that makes me feel much more assured. I have a nice thick moving blanket wrapped around it, wrapped in foil, so pretty sure it'll stay okay then. Thanks!

Old 02-26-2017, 09:34 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

A tip..the “barq” may soften up a bit wrapped/coolered. If you like..have your oven hot...like 400 or so..and slip the brisket in there for 10-15 mins before slicing.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:35 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

And make that foil leak tight..you’ll want the juice. Better yet foil pan and cover then cooler if it’ll fit.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:47 AM
Fire Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
A tip..the “barq” may soften up a bit wrapped/coolered. If you like..have your oven hot...like 400 or so..and slip the brisket in there for 10-15 mins before slicing.
Interesting... What does putting it in the oven do?

Old 02-26-2017, 09:54 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
Interesting... What does putting it in the oven do?
Firm back up the “barq” - the top layer of crispy/char..very desirable. You really don’t want it to “smear” off.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

I find resting for 4 hours is very desirable if you ask me!! I think some of my best briskets have sat in their own juices for 3 plus hours... that brisket will still be too hot to handle if cooler is tight!! good eats ahead!! I am sure your guest will love it!!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 02-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Fire Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
I find resting for 4 hours is very desirable if you ask me!! I think some of my best briskets have sat in their own juices for 3 plus hours... that brisket will still be too hot to handle if cooler is tight!! good eats ahead!! I am sure your guest will love it!!
Thank you... My first one was under done because I was on time constraints. However I didn't want that to happen again so I got this one done way early and the probe slid right into the meat like butter... Looking very much forward to this one...

Old 02-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Fire Starter

Quote:
Firm back up the “barq” - the top layer of crispy/char..very desirable. You really don’t want it to “smear” off.
Very handy tip, I'll have to to give it a try today... Thanks!

Old 02-26-2017, 10:11 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

And be sure to slice against the grain or even a perfect brisket will seem tough...
Old 02-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Fire Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
And be sure to slice against the grain or even a perfect brisket will seem tough...
My toothpick is still intact against the grain :)

Old 02-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

All good advice. And you are welcome to use my slogan when I smoke meat, " if you don't like it then fuck off and go eat somewhere else". Just sayin'....

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 02-26-2017, 10:39 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbtulsa View Post
All good advice. And you are welcome to use my slogan when I smoke meat, " if you don't like it then fuck off and go eat somewhere else". Just sayin'....
Hmm... I thought that was MY slogan
Old 02-26-2017, 10:48 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Hmm... I thought that was MY slogan
Mine too...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 02-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Hmmm, you know i like my "Barq" firm and tight
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
Chargriller SnP well modified
one ugly ass drum smoker
New Braunfels Bandera in dry dock for a service life extension overhaul

and

saving for a trailer mounted 60" reverse flow for my christmas present

Lower Navigation