Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk

Sports Talk The Only Other Thing That Goes Good With Que & Brew, Is Sports. For You Sportz Junkies

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Poor Man's amazin smoker
Last Post: nickelmore
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 11
Views: 157
6 Cinnamon Roll Shooters...
Last Post: THE ICEMAN
Replies: 5
Views: 150
0 Thin Blade Knives?
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 9
Views: 53
0 Searing meat
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 1
Views: 19
0 Sanitizing equipment
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 23
Views: 369
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,462 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,975 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,723 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 05-26-2017, 07:53 PM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All
Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All
Default Curious - any off roaders here?

Ya Ya, I know. Nascar is generally the motor sport of choice for the BBQ crowd. But I have never been a pavement race fan, although I used to watch F1 for awhile. But my motor sport love has been in the dirt since I was a kid on a Honda 90 in 5th grade. Dirt Bikes (desert & MX racing), Sand rails, currently own a Truggy, and now Im off roading in style in a Ford Raptor.

So Am I alone here? My philosophy is the paved road was made to get to the dirt roads faster. So if you are off road inclined, what type of dirt activities or racing gets you fired up?

PCa Sucks - But I WILL, No DID beat this!!

Yoder YS640
POS ChinaMasterbuilt XL (demoted to cold smoking duty)
Bull Big Bahanga gas grill

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most!

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 05-26-2017, 08:31 PM
🌵

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

I used to be... I built my own sandrail a couple years out of HS. Never really used it in the sand, just offroad... That thing would go anywhere. I used to get chased by the constabulary while offroading in South Mountain Park... All I have now is an ATV I use for hunting & camping... Here is me up on South Mountain back in the 80's...

Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

CHRISTMAS MAY BE A WEE BIT LATE...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 05-26-2017, 08:42 PM
<----Culinary Genius

gmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To All
gmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To Allgmotoman Is  A Name Known To All

Not by choice!!!!!

Dogs and cats living together MASS HYSTERIA!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

Yep, I had a '90 chevy 2500 sitting on 39" Mickey Thompsons and I used to go wheeling in the Sierra Nevada's when I lived on the left coast. Fast forward to 2007 when I bought a Yamaha Raptor 700 and had it tweaked a bit to ride in the desert. That thing was a lot of fun. It propelled my fat ass to 80 mph.

I got rid of the Raptor and bought a Arctic Cat XT1000 4x4 utility quad. It is better for spraying the yard and getting big critters out of the woods, although it has not been used for that purpose...yet.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:59 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmotoman View Post
Not by choice!!!!!
X2
Old 05-26-2017, 09:28 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Does a Ford f-350 in a corn field during deer season count? Just kidding that's illegal and I'd never do it
Old 05-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Well Hell...When I was having vehicular fun
It was a 69 Camaro built for the strip that ruled the street...
No! I never took it off road...
Old 05-26-2017, 10:32 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Well Hell...When I was having vehicular fun
It was a 69 Camaro built for the strip that ruled the street...
No! I never took it off road...
Ahhhh.... the 69 Camaro..... The one I always wanted, but never got.
Lots of Chevelle's and a Corvette, but never the 69 Camaro
Old 05-26-2017, 10:51 PM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Otis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To AllOtis857 Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
I used to be... I built my own sandrail a couple years out of HS. Never really used it in the sand, just offroad... That thing would go anywhere. I used to get chased by the constabulary while offroading in South Mountain Park... All I have now is an ATV I use for hunting & camping... Here is me up on South Mountain back in the 80's...

Right on, Ice! i rode on the east end of south Mountain where the Point is now (I think its still the Point, Im a west valley guy) when i was a kid. That was long before progress and tons of houses hit the desert. I remember seeing 2 guys on Husqvarnas blast up a mountain trail and I was hooked.

3 Hondas, a CZ, 2 KTM's, a Yamaha YZ and a Kawasaki KX 500 later, and I've got plenty of injuries, old age aches & pains to show for it. But I loved every minute of it. Still have the Truggy i use for serious off roading and the Raptor has really been a blast (an expensive blast).

So what types of Racing do y'all get into? I love watching the Lucas Oil series (trucks, buggies) short course races, best in the desert, WRC Rallys as well as the MXGP series and Outdoor National Motocross series. now that's some serious racing, not that 'left turn, Clyde' paved oval racing!

Yoder YS640

Old 05-27-2017, 09:04 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Only off roading I've done has been on the DelaWhere beaches. You can get a surf fishing tag to allow you access. Grate fun! Haven't done it in awhile... need to correct that.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 05-27-2017, 10:05 AM
The BBQer coneSEWER

What i have noticed before and with this thread again is that Off roading seems to be low to almost non existent the farther northeast you go. I suppose that has to do with the amount of government land open to off roading. But on the Ford Raptor Forum, there are a lot of people in NYC that do get off the pavement. So Im surprised it isnt more popular there too.

I suppose living my whole life in AZ, the reason its sooo popular here IS the amount of open land. The Southwest and the Western US from Colorado has a lot of fantastic mountain roads, single track dirt bike trails, old mine roads and just plain fun dirt roads & trails. The wife and I took the Raptor up to the San Juan mountains in Colorado last year and the scenery up there is simply beautiful. Highly Recommended!

So for those of you that dont do it much or not at all, give it a second look. Whether you're like me and like to blast down an old mine road in the truggy or the Raptor, or just putt around in a Polaris Ranger, check out the backroads in our great country. Theres some gorgeous scenery off the main road. Or as my personal motto goes; Where the pavement ends, the fun begins.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160721_155850347_HDR.jpg (54.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160721_154920494.jpg (68.0 KB, 17 views)

Yoder YS640

Old 05-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Thin & Blue brother <3

Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All
Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All

Here Mairinn off roading with me up in the high sierras. Found this meadow off a logging road. Love my jeep. Just got new bumpers and finally my very own "wench" 😜

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER # 49
The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged PINK THERMAPEN

Old 05-27-2017, 10:40 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Well I live in the East & I've done a lot of Off-Roading in my Days.

Most of it was during Hunting season to get back through the fire trails & Browse cuttings to the real swamp Bear hunting areas in Northern PA, and spotting deer to see where I was going the next day.
Other than that it was just finding Off-Road places to be alone with my Date of that particular night.

All of my 4 wheelers were in the Dodge Family.

Bear
Old 05-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
Here Mairinn off roading with me up in the high sierras. Found this meadow off a logging road. Love my jeep. Just got new bumpers and finally my very own "wench"
Should that be "winch"
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 05-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
I do miss my Jeep...But it didn't look that pretty...It was rough as a cob and twice as ugly...But we did have some fun in it
Old 05-27-2017, 11:02 AM
Thin & Blue brother <3

Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All
Bbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To AllBbqgoddess Is  A Name Known To All

Yes... winch.... but everybody needs a wench....just sayin'

PROUD MEMBER # 49
The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged PINK THERMAPEN

Old 05-27-2017, 12:18 PM
🌵

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

Here's my home away from home up near Stoneman Lake...

Some big ugly guy on his Polaris...

Last deer camp up in Unit 7...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001_01.jpg (76.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 002_02.jpg (54.7 KB, 66 views)
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

CHRISTMAS MAY BE A WEE BIT LATE...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 05-27-2017, 01:55 PM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
Here's my home away from home up near Stoneman Lake...

Some big ugly guy on his Polaris...

Last deer camp up in Unit 7...
Stoneman lake rd has some beautiful scenery. been down that rd many times on our way to our cabin in the Happy Jack area. The washboard rd sucks, but its sure worth the trip. Its really pretty during the monsoon season when everything has greened up too. With as much snow as we had this year, there may be water in the lake this year. And someone owns a spread by the lake that is to die for.

Yoder YS640

Old 05-27-2017, 01:58 PM
The BBQer coneSEWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
I do miss my Jeep...But it didn't look that pretty...It was rough as a cob and twice as ugly...But we did have some fun in it
Nice jeep and that looks like a great spot to camp too. Funny how they still cant put down the cell phone though.

Yoder YS640

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sports Talk