Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations

911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here!!!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Poor Man's amazin smoker
Last Post: Richtee
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 14
Views: 176
0 Who want an Inkbird under their tree this year?
Last Post: vanhsia
Replies: 0
Views: 19
0 Searing meat
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 2
Views: 29
6 Cinnamon Roll Shooters...
Last Post: THE ICEMAN
Replies: 5
Views: 154
0 Thin Blade Knives?
Last Post: nickelmore
Replies: 9
Views: 59
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,462 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,975 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,723 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 07-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
Default best way to reheat pulled pork

The past several years I have been smoking the pork butts for my buddies 4th of July party. I usually do them the day of the party, cooler them, then pull on site. This year I did them yesterday. I cooled, bagged, defatted the broth and turned the meat and jug of broth over to him. Now Im worried when they reheat in the electric roaster they will dry out the meat. I'm not sure how long it takes to reheat 18 lbs of pulled pork in an electric roaster. I am just looking for some reheat tips to pass on to him so he doesn't turn the now juicy pork into sawdust. The meat is now in 4 -1gallon zip locks.

Thanks Z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 07-02-2017, 09:18 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

I always vac seal mine, then to reheat, place them in a pot of simmering water.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 07-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

The roaster pan will work fine...Just give it a stir from time to time to keep the juices mixed with the meat...
Old 07-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
/\X2
You can use baggies but you have to keep the top out of the water and be careful not to melt the plastic. Much easier with an Immersion Circulator, but a pot on the stove will work if you watch it closely.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 07-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Pit Master

crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All
crusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To Allcrusty ol salt Is  A Name Known To All

Whats leftovers

What the others have said. I have spritz with finishing sauce and microwaved with great success.

also vinegar based finishing sauces will continue to break down the meat and the texture of the meat will change after bagging or vacuum sealing. So if I know I am going to have leftovers I set aside the pulled pork without the finishing sauce.

Good luck.
Island of Misfit Smokers Member #94

weber smokie joe
18.5" weber prefomer
22.5" weber kettle
ECB
Chargriller SnP well modified
one ugly ass drum smoker
New Braunfels Bandera in dry dock for a service life extension overhaul

and

saving for a trailer mounted 60" reverse flow for my christmas present
Old 07-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Fire Starter

grantw Is Just Starting Out

My buddy heats his up in a roaster when he pre cooks like that and it's always good, just mix in some liquid , like a mop sauce or something thinner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
The roaster pan will work fine...Just give it a stir from time to time to keep the juices mixed with the meat...
Thanks. This is what I was hoping for. I know these guys are going to take the simplest route which is dump in the roaster and turn on the heat.

Thanks everyone.
z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

If they need a little more liquid than the jug you gave them, just have them add a little apple juice to your jug or stir it into the PP.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:08 PM
miss ya gary....

chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All
chefrob Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
this is by far the best and safest way .....i just did a party and reheated 100lbs pretty quick with boiling pots of water on turkey fryers..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
Thanks. This is what I was hoping for. I know these guys are going to take the simplest route which is dump in the roaster and turn on the heat.
make sure you get over 165 under 2 hrs.............

it's all good my friend..........
Old 07-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrob View Post
this is by far the best and safest way .....i just did a party and reheated 100lbs pretty quick with boiling pots of water on turkey fryers..........

make sure you get over 165 under 2 hrs.............
I'll pass this onto them......dont need the PPPs

Thanks z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

dcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Goddcarch Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Microwave is made for re-heating.

dcarch
Old 07-03-2017, 02:26 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrob View Post
Yup. We also do this method all the thyme at the Country Store. I make individual servings in vac packs, so all the chefs have to do is drop them the hot water on order and serve. More work for me, less work for them, and quicker delivery to the table.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 07-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Wrap it in bacon

Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Blue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBlue Dog BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

We reheat with the simmering pot of water also. A commercial kitchen secret.

Sent from my A573VC using Tapatalk

Weber 22.5 kettle
Smokin in the Smokies
Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
Jerry
Old 07-04-2017, 09:42 PM
Pit Master

Thanks everyone. It was a nice little party with some fireworks and they did a good job reheating the pork. It was juicy and nothing to be ashamed of. I know..no pics but it happened.

z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Hero, Legend & Good Guy

The Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Building on what Jim suggested earlier...

I've always had good luck using a few splashes of either apple juice or apple cider now and again to keep the moisture levels up when reheating my pulled pig in a portable roaster oven or a steam table setup. To my tastebuds pork of all cuts and cooking methods seems to have an affinity for apples.

Low sodium chicken stock or broth has worked in a pinch too in the past, but that adds more of a savory element to the mix.

Another method which has never failed me is to reheat and hold the meat in crock pots set as low as possible. I realize that this can increase the number of vessels required, but I have never needed to add moisture when using them and everything stays as juicy as when it was first pulled or chopped.

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Last edited by The Great White North; 07-06-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:30 AM
Big Deck BBQ and Brew

Bama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To All
Bama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBama BBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations