Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations

911 Urgent Situations Emergency Forum , Need Help Fast ? Post Here!!!

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 2017 Bacon Project
Last Post: zombini
Posted On: 12-17-2017
Replies: 12
Views: 197
0 Hello from Canada
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 14
Views: 131
0 $3.98 A lb Ribeye Dinner On A Smokey Joe
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 7
Views: 86
0 Snack sticks on MES
Last Post: Blinginpse
Replies: 26
Views: 376
0 Did We Miss These Birthdays?? THUMPERRRR & TKOBBQ
Last Post: crusty ol salt
Posted On: 12-16-2017
Replies: 4
Views: 56
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,469 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,995 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 645,108 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 07-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Tailgater

HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
Default Holding burgers

I'm cooking the frozen patties for 150 tomorrow and I can only get about 30 on the grill each turn, so it's probably going to take over an hour to get them all done.

I ran into some Knights of Columbus guys at Sams that were cooking for a golf tournament and they hold them in a pan of beef broth.

How can I keep them warm & moist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 07-09-2017, 01:38 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Beef broth will work, in a catering pan with heat... foiled.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 07-09-2017, 01:50 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

We use au jus it gives it a bit extra flavor.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We use au jus it gives it a bit extra flavor.
Yep do that.... you be fine....

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 07-09-2017, 03:43 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Left hand. Right holds beer.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
At the risk of sounding like an odd-ball I agree with Rich...
Old 07-09-2017, 05:13 PM
TBS Sniffer

barleypop Is  A Name Known To All
barleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To Allbarleypop Is  A Name Known To All

Keep at 140 + for safety.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Tailgater

HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All
HornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To AllHornedToad Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

Rich,

I'm grilling burgers...
Not brats!!!

Old 07-09-2017, 07:14 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornedToad View Post
Rich,

I'm grilling burgers...
Not brats!!!

Ahhh big burgers. I try not to make mine so big I cant one hand them. I hate setting down the beer. I just eat 2
Old 07-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Hero, Legend & Good Guy

The Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
At the risk of sounding like an odd-ball I agree with Rich...
+2...

As far as holding temperature in a pinch a hot box made up of an old cooler with disposable aluminum pans and foil for cover has worked well for me in the past. If the foil cover is crimped down tight all you need is a 1/4 cup of broth added to retain moisture.

I'll even add a few handfuls of dying coals to a smaller pan at the bottom of the cooler sitting on top of a trivet and then stack on top 4 deep. Keep the lid closed to preheat the space and choke down the coals at the same time, and have your trays ready to place in as you go. The brief moment it is open will give the coals an extension and you won't lose too much heat since the cooler walls will be retaining the majority of it.

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Old 07-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

@rich

Now you can make bigger burgers :-)

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 07-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Hero, Legend & Good Guy

The Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherThe Great White North Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
@rich

Now you can make bigger burgers :-)

Curious Aardvark for the win...

Drinking is like playing golf... you'd best be prepared to play every club in your bag.

Steve the Bartender

There are no bad briskets... only poorly executed ones.

Steve the Food Man

Old 07-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

for holding food at heat I use chafing dishes:
https://www.amazon.com/TigerChef-Sta...s=chafing+dish

Cheap, easy to use and do a good job. Also don't require an electrical outlet.
Use cheap gas camping stove to boil your water: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Sing...camping+burner

Those little gas stoves are great. Mine goes fishing with me for coffee and hot lunch :-)

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 07-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

Off the grill, into a pan, foiled, into a cooler to rest. just like resting a brisket. keep the cooler full of towels to reduce the internal airspace and increase insulation. just remove towels as you need to add addition pans.

When ready to serve, just take out as many pans as you need to keep serving. You will need to do the math and bring enough coolers to accommodate the volume of hamburgers you are cooking. 30 burgers at a time/ total 150 burgers=5 pans total. how many pans could you get in your cooler? maybe three? probably will need two coolers and a bunch of heavy foil. You might even consider the chafing dish option as other have mentioned. I have seen some rather disposable variations at Sam's Club. Toss out the pans when you are done...

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 07-10-2017, 05:19 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbtulsa View Post
I have seen some rather disposable variations at Sam's Club. Toss out the pans when you are done...
I have 3 EXPENSIVE ones... kinda wish Id have gone this route. They are pretty but...
Old 07-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Tailgater

Last time I left the extra burgers on the smoker in a foiled aluminum pan they just dried out.

Since I had a full kitchen today the pans of beef broth worked great!!!

Old 07-10-2017, 08:32 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Mmm! Nice work!
Old 07-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Beef broth will work, in a catering pan with heat... foiled.
X4 by now.....

Back in the 1980's I agreed to help my dad and his Kiwanis club man a food venue at the Nascar race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. We ended up with one of the main food buildings and worked our butts off. That is where I learned the hold them in beef broth trick. I was tasked with cooking the burgers on a very large commercial flat top. Between the wrecks, we would stock up a couple of hotel pans of broth which stayed on one of the sides of the flat top. After a wreck, the mad rush to food & beer hit us. Just flip 'em back on the flat top for a few seconds to crisp the outer surface back up, drop a cheese and onto a bun and out they went. We did the same thing with their big beef hotdogs. Worked great.

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Old 07-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Tailgater

I never, in all my cooking experience, would consider dunking a grilled hamburger in hot water.

These are the tricks to learn from others?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > 911 Urgent Situations