Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 07-09-2017, 11:26 PM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
Default First go with Mad Hunky Salmon brine

Brined and vac bagged for 23 hours and into the MES.

Smoking away

Finished product.

I think it turned out good. The brine was excellent....Thanks Rich for the pointers.
z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 07-09-2017, 11:40 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

We talked... yeah... itís not a fried filet. But happy you enjoyed it.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:20 AM
HardHeadedSmoker

BrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To All
BrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To AllBrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To AllBrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To AllBrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great and the docs keeps suggesting more fish so... When Wild caught I'll give it a try. Now to find best wood to use. No longer access to citrus or mangrove.

It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
A man just can't have to many toys..
Akorn smoker
Old 07-10-2017, 10:02 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisketJunkie View Post
Looks great and the docs keeps suggesting more fish so... When Wild caught I'll give it a try. Now to find best wood to use. No longer access to citrus or mangrove.
Alder is the classic. HD and possibly some Do-It hardwares carry chunks or chips of it usually...
Old 07-10-2017, 12:35 PM
HardHeadedSmoker

BrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To All
BrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To AllBrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To AllBrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To AllBrisketJunkie Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Alder is the classic. HD and possibly some Do-It hardwares carry chunks or chips of it usually...
Road trip. HD 60 miles away this side of Knoxville. Maybe better to have it shipped. Eyes get big in those kind of stores. Much bigger than my wallet. I do love slow smoked salmon.

It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
A man just can't have to many toys..
Akorn smoker
Old 07-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Pit Master

PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All
PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All

looks great! I love smoked salmon. As Rich said, Alder would be the traditional wood, at least here in the PNW, but I find any fruit wood, or maple work just as well.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

I initially ate this warm for supper last night and thought you know..I am just not a salmon fan. I used to smoke a lot of carp and buffalo back in the 70s and I never really enjoyed it until it was fridged overnight and eaten cold the next day.....same story here. I tried some of this salmon a bit ago and can't quit eating it. The taste of the brine really shines thru now. Great stuff Rich!
z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-10-2017, 01:36 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
I initially ate this warm for supper last night and thought you know..I am just not a salmon fan. I used to smoke a lot of carp and buffalo back in the 70s and I never really enjoyed it until it was fridged overnight and eaten cold the next day.....same story here. I tried some of this salmon a bit ago and can't quit eating it. The taste of the brine really shines thru now. Great stuff Rich!
z
My pleasure sir :{) I am happy you enjoy the stuff!
Old 07-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Pit Master

PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All
PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All

I'm with you, I like my salmon better cold. Great with crackers and a little bit of wasabi
Old 07-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitRow View Post
I'm with you, I like my salmon better cold. Great with crackers and a little bit of wasabi
Zackly!

Old 07-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
z
X3. Cold for me also. Tiger Sauce with smoked Salmon/Steelhead on a Ritz. Or mixed with cream cheese as a cracker dip, again with a dab of Tiger Sauce on top.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Pit Master

You have a good tiger sauce recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex
Old 07-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
You have a good tiger sauce recipe?

Yeah, the store!

Just kidding, I buy it from the store, bottled. It's a family favorite with smoked fish and smoked fish dips. Might be available on Amazon?
Old 07-11-2017, 09:31 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Yeah, the store!

Just kidding, I buy it from the store, bottled. It's a family favorite with smoked fish and smoked fish dips. Might be available on Amazon?
When I googled it I found mayo horseradish base sauce recipes but also seen bottles of tiger sauce for sale that looked more like a red hot sauce?...

I did make a salmon spread with 6oz of the salmon. It is good on a cracker. I topped with a little Franks, but pretty much put that on everything.

this the stuff?

Thanks Z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex

Last edited by zombini; 07-11-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: adding pic
Old 07-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

I think his brine for fish was awesome. Rich was very generous and shipped us a sample of his salmon. (obviously salmon is kinda shitty in Oklahoma). My son and I ate the whole fillet standing in the kitchen with some soft goat cheese and crostini. FREAKING AWESOME!! Wish I could not have to take out a second mortgage to get some good salmon down here.

Hmmm..... maybe I should offer to trade some tri-tip with somebody...pound for pound. Cows are cheap in Oklahoma...

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 07-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Biltong King

Quote:
When I googled it I found mayo horseradish base sauce recipes but also seen bottles of tiger sauce for sale that looked more like a red hot sauce?...

I did make a salmon spread with 6oz of the salmon. It is good on a cracker. I topped with a little Franks, but pretty much put that on everything.

this the stuff?

Thanks Z
Yes, that's the stuff that we like. I also use it sometimes when foiling ribs (Johnny Trigg) along with butter/Parkay and brown sugar. Good stuff IMO
Old 07-12-2017, 02:22 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All

This thread reminded me that I hadn't smoked any salmon in almost 2 months. Proud to report that streak is now over. MH salmon brine is my go to for sure

Old 07-12-2017, 08:35 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Tiger Sauce is a staple in me abode. I use it a lot, especially when I pull pork.

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Fish