All pink ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All pink ribs

This is my third rack of ribs to smoke on my offset. All three have come out pink through out. I was thinking they should be white with a pink ring. Am I not cooking them long enough? Am I adding too much smoke? They are getting up to temp before I pull them. The color just seems off.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Hard to tell without a pic to look at...

But...If the ribs are done and edible...What's the worry...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

I would guess that they may be "enhanced" Posting a picture of the package and the ribs would help.

Comment

Just concerned I was pulling them too soon. I know its hard to get accurate temp read on ribs. I wrapped them in foil and put them back on.

Comment

No one temps ribs. Well..OK..maybe some do. But..post a pict. And..what’s yer rub? Maybe ya cured them? Hammy?
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            No one temps ribs. Well..OK..maybe some do. But..post a pict. And..what’s yer rub? Maybe ya cured them? Hammy?
            Good point
            Craig
            sigpic

Comment

How was the bite and flavor?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

They baby backs? They can sometimes get pink all the way threw.
                sigpic

Comment

I've had ribs with little meat get pink all the way through. If you cooked them long enough I wouldn't worry about it. It's basically a smoke ring all the way through.
                  Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by nickelmore View Post
                    I would guess that they may be "enhanced" Posting a picture of the package and the ribs would help.
                    Smith field st Louis,I used an all American rib rub from wall mart.I never took a pic just ate them. I'll get a pic next run all three came out like this. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      I'm not sure ,maybe cured.I'll post some pics on the next cook.Maybe yiubguys can help me get what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jailer View Post
                        I've had ribs with little meat get pink all the way through. If you cooked them long enough I wouldn't worry about it. It's basically a smoke ring all the way through.
                        I think it was just like a ring all the way through possible. Idk I'll document better next run an get some pics up.maybe the pros can help a rocky out

Comment

depends on how you're making the smoke and how much smoke.
                          the curing agent is created by wood not being thoroughly combusted. So if the wood is wet or not hot enough - you'll get a larger cure/smoke ring.

You'll also be generating some fairly unpleasant compounds as well.
                          So check the wood and combustion temps/method.
                          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

All pink ribs

I recently cooked some racks of Smithfields baby back ribs from Walmart for a graduation party.

Your right, the baby backs on the top do have a pink tinge compared to the longer spare ribs on the bottom. You know they're nice and done when they start pulling back from the bone...

So now I have a question for the experts... I usually smoke my briskets & ribs with Oak or Pecan. Lately when I pull the briskets off to finish in the oven I've been switching to some Apple wood I recently picked up for the ribs. Notice the dark black bark on the ribs in the top left of the pan. I hope this is normal for Apple wood as I never had that dark a bark when I smoked the ribs with Oak or Pecan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by HornedToad; 08-20-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Hmm almost looks like yer temps crept up some... Or..ya got a hot spot? apple’s not all that heavy a smoke. Properly burnt anyway.
                              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                              X