Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Where To Buy It

Where To Buy It You Have A Great Place You Buy Your Smoking & Grilling Stuff. Feel Free To Share It Here.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 What beef cut for sausage?
Last Post: Bearcarver
Posted On: 01-18-2018
Replies: 6
Views: 174
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 9
Views: 165
0 Shredded Chicken Fritters
Last Post: chefrob
Replies: 20
Views: 240
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 21
Views: 303
0 OK dammit. The Cold’s got me down.
Last Post: zombini
Replies: 21
Views: 262
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,522 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,186 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,467 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-24-2017, 10:10 AM
I like meat

Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Default NEW Cold smoker attachment

So I swore I would never buy another MES after the last one caught on fire. But I really liked it for my homemade hotdogs. I am also thinking it would be good for bacon if the cold smoke attachment is worth a flip. If I do decide to get another one i am going to go with the 30 inch no window. Before I had the 40 with the window. That's just more to clean. I only plan on using it for sausages, hotdogs and bacon. I still have my Primo XL, Meadow Creek, and 3 Webers. I was wondering if anyone has tried the cold smoker attachment?

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-24-2017, 10:14 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Squirrel..I have bodged up an electric element in my Lang firebox. Seems to be working very well... never cracked 60°. Maybe something to think about for your MC?
Old 11-24-2017, 10:24 AM
I like meat

Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All
Squirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To AllSquirrel Is  A Name Known To All

You know, I have that big warming box over the fire box and I have never used it. I sure wish I could find someone with some skills to convert it into a cold smoker. I am not handy or patient.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:32 AM
Meatasaurus

AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All
AJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To AllAJ Is  A Name Known To All

I have the Masterbuilt Cold Smoking Attachment and it worked great for almost a year. Now it pops the circuit breaker when turned on. It does have some quirks. I found the best method was to layer chips an pellets for long smokes. Often the chips would get caught in the hopper of the gravity fed smoke generator. Definitely recommend using the dryer duct MOD to move the smoke away from the smoker. It allows the smoke to cool a bit before it enters the chamber.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

I used to put an Amazen Pellet Smoker in the firebox of my big offset (rust in peace), worked pretty well for bigger cold smoke projects.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 11-24-2017, 10:47 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
You know, I have that big warming box over the fire box and I have never used it. I sure wish I could find someone with some skills to convert it into a cold smoker. I am not handy or patient.
Build a SMALL fire...?
Old 11-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

I've had Awesome results for 7 years with my 5 X 8 AMNPS, just put inside the 3 MES units I've had.

AS for the Masterbuilt Cold Smoker Attachment, some seem to like them at first. Then some breaker kicking, etc, but the biggest complaint seems to be Chips Jamming Up.
However I have no First Person experience with one.

Bear
Old 11-24-2017, 02:25 PM
miss ya gary....

chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All
chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All

Cheryl, i'd take a serious look at the tube smoker that Todd has......i use it in my commercial box and i can't think of a better solution for cold smoking....the 18'' works great for long bacon smokes.

it's all good my friend..........
Old 11-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrob View Post
Cheryl, i'd take a serious look at the tube smoker that Todd has......i use it in my commercial box and i can't think of a better solution for cold smoking....the 18'' works great for long bacon smokes.
X2^^^^
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 11-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefrob View Post
/\/\/\ X3!!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 11-24-2017, 05:03 PM
I like meat

Thanks for all the input! I need to check out that tube smoker.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Thanks for all the input! I need to check out that tube smoker.

The Tube puts out too much smoke for an MES 30 at low altitude. IMO

For cold smoking at a low altitude in an MES 30, I'd recommend an AMNPS (5 X 8 Tray), and use Sawdust instead of Pellets. Dust Burns better & cooler for Cold Smoking.

Bear
Old 11-24-2017, 05:52 PM
I like meat

Good to know Bear. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2017, 06:24 PM
Wursthersteller

Snarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To All
Snarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To AllSnarlingiron Is  A Name Known To All

I have the 40" and an amazn tube, and also a smoke daddy. all have worked well for 5+ years. Smoked a 13lb. turkey yesterday. I have used both the smoke daddy and the tube for cold smoke.
Bad Girls

If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'til you do suck seed. -- Curly Howard

Do not cry havoc when you should but hunt with modest warrant. -- William Shakespear

NRA Endowment Member
Certified Glock Armorer
Old 11-24-2017, 08:11 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Good to know Bear. Thanks!
Squirrly-girl..I got a prototype of that unit. I shall bequeath it to you.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

Also I recently took a Masterbuilt Analog 30" Elite model and made heavy modifications to convert it to an insulated, PID controlled smoking machine. I have 8 racks and it was mainly set up for snack sticks, jerky and smoked sausage, but it will also cold smoke. I'm using one of Todd's 5x8" pellet trays for my smoke source, but the way I modded it, I can use an external smoke container (similar to the mailbox mod) and let it flow in via the enlarged hole in the bottom of the main body. I also added an adjustable smoke stack.

The original thread had images from photobucket, but if you load the photobucket fix plug-in to Chrome or Firefox, you can still see the photos. Here is the finished product from a recent smoke. Here is the original build thread:

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43668

My point is there is a lot you can do with a low end 30" MES if you want to mod them.

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Old 11-25-2017, 10:34 AM
miss ya gary....

chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All
chefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To Allchefrob Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
The Tube puts out too much smoke for an MES 30 at low altitude. IMO
i was thinking for her Meadow Creek warmer box since she already has the real estate.......that way no new equipment was needed.........

it's all good my friend..........
Old 11-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

I'd make you a smokevark if I was nearer - but if I were you I;d go with tod's amazen.

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Where To Buy It