Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-27-2017, 08:37 PM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God
Default Stuffer info?

High all new here!!! Looking for some help. I've contemplated since January on what electric stuffer I want and I cannot make up my mind. I borrowed a friends hand crank stuffer last year and made 185# brats. Everyone loved them so I'm going electric.

The LEM I feel is the best way to go. Reviews are all Over the chart and I know no one with personal experience. I want a stuffer that can make snack sticks all the way to brats. I've read the bigger 25# stuffers cannot handle making the smaller snack sticks on account of pressure on the gears. Anyone have any experience or knowledge on these. It would be greatly appreciated.

We've just started killing hogs and will kill weekly till march so I foresee it being used a lot for sausage kings brats snack sticks and such.

Thanks yall

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-27-2017, 08:40 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

thereís an $80 5 pound mech stuffer out there now link somewhere here. Use that for stix. get something bigger for the massive quans. You got a stick and sample stuffer with the 5
lb'er
Old 11-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Are the sticks a royal pain in the ham as some people say?
Old 11-27-2017, 08:50 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

I've got a big old f. Dick, works great for everything even sticks. Think it's 25 pounds. Electric part I can't help.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:10 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinginpse View Post
Are the sticks a royal pain in the ham as some people say?
I gotta use a stool to get the angle on the crank.

Then again Iím 4í 0.05Ē tall.

I just use an extra beer in the mix.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:11 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I've got a big old f. Dick, works great for everything even sticks. Think it's 25 pounds. Electric part I can't help.

? I'm lost sir
Old 11-27-2017, 09:11 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
An F Dick ainít cheap..but yes... prolly got a motor kit somewhere too.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:12 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
I gotta use a stool to get the angle on the crank.

Then again Iím 4í 0.05Ē tall.

I just use an extra beer in the mix.

Understood on the extra beer. Thanks for the tip
Old 11-27-2017, 09:14 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
? I'm lost sir
F Dick is an old skool stuffer. Bulletproof as one could be. Commercial quality.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:14 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
F Dick is an ld skool stuffer. Bulletproof as one could be. Commercial quality.

Ok thanks for the clarification I've never heard of them.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:16 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
An F Dick ainít cheap..but yes... prolly got a motor kit somewhere too.
Yes they are. I got mine on a sale for $350. Probably 30-40 years old but the way it's built it's probably just getting broke in.

Cabela's makes an electric not sure about them. Have you thought about a water stuffer? I forget the company's name but I about went that route before I got my f. Dick.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

I have an older cabelas 15 lber, works OK for everything I do. It has an internal clutch.

I am ordering a spare plunger or gonna make one out of aluminum, just in case.

Handles snack sticks OK, but i don't do a bunch of those.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:20 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Yes they are. I got mine on a sale for $350. .
Hehehe..yer talking to a noob here Ry..donít bankrupt him before his first cater!

Talk to us sir...
Old 11-27-2017, 09:25 PM
<--- my mobile office

Quote:
Hehehe..yer talking to a noob here Ry..donít bankrupt him before his first cater!

Talk to us sir...
Yes I know but he said he made 185# last year, for the price you can get for a decent size Lem new you can spend a little more if you can find one used. If he's going to continue to make that much it might be worth a look into. Off to eBay I go maybe I'll find me something nice while looking.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:31 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

I only have a 5# Northern, so can't comment on big batches, 15# was my biggest. Kinda a PITA to reload, butt not that big a deal. 185#? Wow, that's cool. I think Critterhunter has the 15# or 25# Cabela's grinder which also has a grinder and mixer attachment, which would make life easier on you. He liked the quality of them last thyme we talked.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Rub Mixer

I've researched enough that I don't want cableas. Seems parts are hard to come by and gears strip very easy.

The LEM seems to be the most solid built. I've been expecting 700$ on 1 of these stuffers as I'm not considering a hand crank. I do not quiet need commercial though. I have a big meat saw and a 3hp meat Grinder. Think it's rated to grind 53# a minute. Just to big and to fast to try and stuff out of cause I tried it.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:27 PM
Pit Master

Checkered Past Is  A Name Known To AllCheckered Past Is  A Name Known To All
Checkered Past Is  A Name Known To AllCheckered Past Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
I've researched enough that I don't want cableas. Seems parts are hard to come by and gears strip very easy.

The LEM seems to be the most solid built. I've been expecting 700$ on 1 of these stuffers as I'm not considering a hand crank. I do not quiet need commercial though. I have a big meat saw and a 3hp meat Grinder. Think it's rated to grind 53# a minute. Just to big and to fast to try and stuff out of cause I tried it.
I use my meat grinder as a stuffer and it works very well for us, but I have a foot control switch to control the on/off speed. I also have a helper feeding the grinder as I stuff the casings .... This doesn't work for all here but I'm happy with it.... I also have a 5 pounder for the short work
Old 11-28-2017, 12:48 AM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered Past View Post
I use my meat grinder as a stuffer and it works very well for us, but I have a foot control switch to control the on/off speed. I also have a helper feeding the grinder as I stuff the casings .... This doesn't work for all here but I'm happy with it.... I also have a 5 pounder for the short work
I use to use my #12 grinder attachment on my mixer for stuffing I used a foot control and stuffing plate. It worked great for summer sausage, and larger 32mm casings, I seem to remember trying some smaller size like 21mm but did not work real well.

I still am on the lookout for an FDick stuffer to add to the arsenal.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:11 AM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

I only have a 5lber and no problem on sticks.

But what I have done is made my stick stuffer tubes a lot shorter to reduce the back pressure. They also fit inside the 21 & 19mm collagen casing, so you can still knock out long lengths.

Happy to make you some pet-g custom tubes.

Been using mine for about 4 years now, same ones no hassle.

The other thing to look for in an electric are longer narrower, hoppers (what do you call the bit the meat goes in ?) as they'll require less pressure to stuff than the shorter wider ones.

It's all down to the proportion of the main cylinder to the size of the hole the sausage actually gets squeezed through. The smaller the difference the easier it'll stuff.

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information