Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 A-MAZE-N Cold Smoked Pepper Jack, Tillamook Cheddar & Pistachios
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 02-17-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 44
0 Valentines dinner...Not trying to copy Fishawn...
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 11
Views: 133
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 72
Views: 1,405
0 There are no Pics...
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 19
Views: 328
0 Coconut Shrimp BAKED With A Mad Hunky Twist
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 15
Views: 279
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,572 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,343 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,216 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 11-29-2017, 08:49 AM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

Looks nice, and I have a manual one of a similar design ( https://www.westonsupply.com/Realtre...73-0701-rt.htm). I usually have Mrs. Engineer crank it and I catch the snack sticks...if I don't have enough liquid in the mix it really gives her a workout.

The one thing that I see with the ebay one is that it is listed as 25 watts...since there are 746 watts per hp, that is 1/30th of a HP. That has to be a misprint? or else that little squirrel inside that motor is geared down like nobody's business. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Engineer can crank with more oomph than 1/30th of a HP, so I don't know if that would hold up from a reliability standpoint. Like I said, that has to be a misprint...if they left a zero off of the specification (say 250 watts) that would be 1/3 HP...geared down would make it a sausage stompin' sum bitch.

Otherwise it looks pretty good with everything included!.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Last edited by BBQ Engineer; 11-29-2017 at 08:59 AM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 11-29-2017, 08:51 AM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

From what I'm seeing on the stuffer aardvark recommend which is 15l compared to the 10l the 15 only has a tube that is 19mm. Doesn't snack sticks need to be smaller than that?
Old 11-29-2017, 08:57 AM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

In the past I have used 21 mm casings which are a perfect snack stick size.

https://www.waltonsinc.com/21mm-smoke-collagen-casings

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:26 AM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
In the past I have used 21 mm casings which are a perfect snack stick size.

https://www.waltonsinc.com/21mm-smoke-collagen-casings

Sweet easy enough then 15l it is
Old 11-29-2017, 09:30 AM
Rub Mixer

Ok boys it's bought. Pose be here by the 7th.

Now what is best place but seasonings casing cheese n such from u too my best friend makes an order at his butcher shop. Need stuff here to make a batch soon as I get the stuffer
Old 11-29-2017, 11:05 AM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinginpse View Post

Now what is best place but seasonings casing cheese n such from u too my best friend makes an order at his butcher shop. Need stuff here to make a batch soon as I get the stuffer
Lots of great places out there...I love Walton's https://www.waltonsinc.com/ They ship from the center of the country and their stuff is top notch.

If you don't get their catalog, you should. https://www.waltonsinc.com/catalog-request

Old 11-29-2017, 11:11 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
Lots of great places out there...I love Walton's https://www.waltonsinc.com/ They ship from the center of the country and their stuff is top notch.

If you don't get their catalog, you should. https://www.waltonsinc.com/catalog-request

Just ordered their catalog.

The seasoning I use on my regular pork sausage here at home and the seasoning I went with for my brats last year was made by old plantation seasonings. People love my regular pork sausage and old plantation held true on the brat mixes too.

On the snack sticks do you guys prefer collagen casings? I've never done them so that may be a stupid question!
Old 12-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Rub Mixer

Good news fellers

The stuffer arrived this evening. I'll be opening it up later tonight or tomorrow morning after my chores are done
Old 12-08-2017, 06:55 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Cool deal, I have used old plantation in the past for breakfast sausage and liked it.

Add some crushed red pepper flakes for a step of heat...

With your supply of back fat and pork you will be whipping up some great stuff real soon.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
Cool deal, I have used old plantation in the past for breakfast sausage and liked it.

Add some crushed red pepper flakes for a step of heat...

With your supply of back fat and pork you will be whipping up some great stuff real soon.

Yea man everyone seems to really like my sausage mix. For the red pepper flakes, I have a few family members that have me do that for their sausage ball batches.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to posting a video of this stuffer at work for y'all to see incase anyone is interested in making the purchase themselves.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Yea man everyone seems to really like my sausage mix. For the red pepper flakes, I have a few family members that have me do that for their sausage ball batches.
Sausage ball? Please explain......
Old 12-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Sausage ball? Please explain......

1lb sausage
Pack of extra sharp grated cheese
2cups bisquick baking mix

Mix it all together then pinch out a 50cent piece size amount roll into a ball put them all
On a greased pan bake in a 375* preheated oven for about 20mins.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Rub Mixer

Shotgun rider
Old 12-09-2017, 02:02 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
1lb sausage
Pack of extra sharp grated cheese
2cups bisquick baking mix

Mix it all together then pinch out a 50cent piece size amount roll into a ball put them all
On a greased pan bake in a 375* preheated oven for about 20mins.
I'm betting that would be good hot smoked!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 12-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Shotgun rider

Old 12-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I'm betting that would be good hot smoked!

Hmmmm I think I'll
Try that when I find a gen 2.5 on sale
Old 12-09-2017, 11:01 PM
Rub Mixer

Let some borrow the stuffer and let them break it in. Stuffed 70# in 1.5hrs and it did solid. I'm pleased. Thanks for the link and the nudge boys for this stuffer
Old 12-09-2017, 11:19 PM
Pit Master

What ? You loaned out your new stuffer?
Old 12-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
What ? You loaned out your new stuffer?

Yea sir. They let me borrow their hand crank stuffer last year when I made all I did. Hogs we killed yesterday was theirs so I took them my new 1 and let them break it in and help save them time with the electric motor rather than their hand crank. Has a 2 year warranty if something was to break on them it'd break on me too. I'm a generous person and I've known them since I was a kid went to school with the fathers boys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information