Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
    NO!!! 1 ounce cures 25lbs!!

That is the seasoning. They sent me 4 bags of that. I know the sure cure does 25#

Comment

Comment

Just got off the phone with waltons, called to settle up with them on the extra bag and get it paid for. They told me no they appreciate my honesty and merry Christmas. I tried a few times to pay and they wouldn't let me. Pretty cool On their part

Comment

That bag of mix will do 25 lb's of meat, and you'll need to add one ounce of cure to the 25 pound mix.
          Did you order the cure or did they send it to you along with the spice blend?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanMcG View Post
            That bag of mix will do 25 lb's of meat, and you'll need to add one ounce of cure to the 25 pound mix.
            Did you order the cure or did they send it to you along with the spice blend?
            Dan, I love that spice mix, and it is a matched set with the seasoning and cure. The bag of seasoning comes with a 1 oz. bag of sure cure.

Walton's is legit...I'm wouldn't expect them to quibble over their shipping dept sending out extra stuff. Enjoy, but kudos to you for calling to make it right. Years ago, Thermoworks sent me an extra therma pen. I called them and they issued me a UPS tag to get it back...I sleep good at night because of that clear conscience.
            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
              Dan, I love that spice mix, and it is a matched set with the seasoning and cure. The bag of seasoning comes with a 1 oz. bag of sure cure.

Walton's is legit...I'm wouldn't expect them to quibble over their shipping dept sending out extra stuff. Enjoy, but kudos to you for calling to make it right. Years ago, Thermoworks sent me an extra therma pen. I called them and they issued me a UPS tag to get it back...I sleep good at night because of that clear conscience.

That's me man if I can't buy it I don't ant it and good businesses deserve honesty anyway. I will continue to deal with them.

Comment

How much liquid have you guys found is best to add to snack sticks to make it come from the stuffer better?

Comment

I start with at least 2-3 cups of liquid (probably a bit more for 25 lbs) and get the consistency you like. You can always add more a little at a time.

I sometimes use a mixture of red wine & water but that's typically with a recipe I already know the flavor.
                  ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

How's this for a newby snack stick maker

Comment

Friggin' beautiful!

Man those are gonna be good.
                      BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                      Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                      I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                        Friggin' beautiful!

Man those are gonna be good.
                        x2 - looking like a pro Bling!
                        ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

I got 2 tubs with 12-13# apiece. 1 with cheese 1 without. I will smoke 6pound of each and cook 6 pound of each without smoke just to test the ways

Comment

ThanK you very much fellas for all the help and th compliments

Comment

Looks like you already know what you're doing with the snack sticks! Looks damn good from here.
                              sigpic
                              Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Thanks fellers. Sorry didn't reply last night went to a ugly sweater party after I milked my cows and then went over to a buddies and milk his cows so he and his wife could go to her Christmas party
                                For work.

Boys I got drunk and am still drunk. Been rough milking and feeding this far into the day
                                Dang

Comment

Working...
                                X