Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 A-MAZE-N Cold Smoked Pepper Jack, Tillamook Cheddar & Pistachios
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 02-17-2018
Replies: 2
Views: 41
0 Valentines dinner...Not trying to copy Fishawn...
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 11
Views: 133
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 72
Views: 1,404
0 There are no Pics...
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 19
Views: 328
0 Coconut Shrimp BAKED With A Mad Hunky Twist
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 15
Views: 279
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,572 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,343 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,216 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Hunt it, Fish it, EAT IT!

WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All
WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All

Good luck on your project, Bling.

I hang mine just because that works for my set up. I can hang 24", so try to get them as long as I can and just deal with the sorter ones.

Then, like others have stated, when finished, I chop them to length. The stack of "nubb'ins" make a lot of friends!

Here's some shots of my set up.

Hanging in the shed to bloom.

Good luck! They will be great.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Didn't get dowels today I'm going to do my own test and learn what I like and don't like here is earlier
Old 12-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Fishawn Wannabie

Doug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDoug S. Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Pellets go to the opposite side of the top vent, at least that's how I do my bacon, otherwise it will go straight up and out
Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
The Vortex
Old 12-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Old 12-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Rub Mixer

Well while I am at the 160 smoker temp mark I just got these from the oven. Got them to
Internal temp of 158 and said good enough. They aren't pretty but they taste pretty good to me. Just the right amount of spice too. Really anxious see how the smoked turns out though
Old 12-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Rub Mixer

My first batch off the smoker is done and definitely better than the non smoked baked in the oven. Oven is never again here is a pic. I need some advice on the burnt end issue. How can I stop that

Old 12-17-2017, 03:00 AM
<-----BITE ME!

DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All
DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All

Looks like you off to a good start. What temp were you running in your smoker?
Old 12-17-2017, 07:42 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcG View Post
Looks like you off to a good start. What temp were you running in your smoker?

I went 120 for a hour no smoke, 1401 hour with smoke, 160 2hrs with smoke, 180 to finish with a little smoke and took about 9hrs total. I didn't pinch or twist the ends off so I figure that's why they burnt on ends?
Old 12-17-2017, 11:09 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinginpse View Post
Quick reminder here for me. Where are you guys laying the amazn pellet tray in the mes 40"? I'm ready to put my snack sticks in

In the MES 40 Gen #2.5, I put the bottom rack in & set my AMNPS on the right end, just above the Chip Dumper. Then I pull the Dumper out about 3" to give more air flow, and push it in for less air flow.
I leave the Chip Drawer alone.

Sorry, I'm late to the Party!!

Bear
Old 12-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
In the MES 40 Gen #2.5, I put the bottom rack in & set my AMNPS on the right end, just above the Chip Dumper. Then I pull the Dumper out about 3" to give more air flow, and push it in for less air flow.

I leave the Chip Drawer alone.

Sorry, I'm late to the Party!!

Bear

No worries I appreciate the info. I got enough seasoning to make 75lb more
Old 12-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
I went 120 for a hour no smoke, 1401 hour with smoke, 160 2hrs with smoke, 180 to finish with a little smoke and took about 9hrs total. I didn't pinch or twist the ends off so I figure that's why they burnt on ends?

There's your Burnt End cause---That 1401 for the second hour!!

They Look Really Great though!!!

Bear
Old 12-17-2017, 11:14 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:

They Look Really Great though!!!

Bear

That 1401 was supposed to 140 for 1 hour haha
Old 12-17-2017, 11:30 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
My first batch off the smoker is done and definitely better than the non smoked baked in the oven. Oven is never again here is a pic. I need some advice on the burnt end issue. How can I stop that

Are those Burnt ends only on the right ends of the ones in the bottom rack??

If so, that's why I never use the bottom rack for anything but my AMNPS. Too much Direct heat from the Element.
If you need to use the bottom rack for that many Sticks, try to keep them from overhanging the Water pan below. The water pan blocks the direct heat from the heating element, which is the only good reason for leaving the water pan in an MES Unit.

Bear
Old 12-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Are those Burnt ends only on the right ends of the ones in the bottom rack??

If so, that's why I never use the bottom rack for anything but my AMNPS. Too much Direct heat from the Element.

If you need to use the bottom rack for that many Sticks, try to keep them from overhanging the Water pan below. The water pan blocks the direct heat from the heating element, which is the only good reason for leaving the water pan in an MES Unit.

Bear
Bingo yep that's it. I know now the issue. The smoker only held 12lb of the 25lb. I had to borrow my buddies gen 1 30". Definitely glad I got the 1 I did. Was not fond of his 30
Old 12-17-2017, 11:49 AM
<-----BITE ME!

DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All
DanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To AllDanMcG Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
LOL, I thought the same thing, bottom rack or right side. Also you should keep the max temp at 170-175
Old 12-17-2017, 01:50 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

Ditto on bottom rack. Also rotating and switching around the racks evens out the temps between levels and left to right.

Every layer of meat above the element is sucking heat out of the rising air column, so there is a little less available for the rack above it. Just swap/rotate the trays every hour or so midway through the smoke (you can eyeball the sticks and get an idea of when to swap them around).

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Old 12-17-2017, 03:52 PM
Rub Mixer

10/4 in rotation I actually started to do that and thought Na better not may mess something up
Old 12-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Rub Mixer

Ok so after y'all make ya sticks and such. Do you put them in bad and leave them on your counter top or do you stuff them in the fridge and keep them chilled
Old 12-18-2017, 12:56 PM
Sausage Slinger

dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All
dward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To Alldward51 Is  A Name Known To All

In a brown paper bag on the table overnight. Then in the paper bag in the fridge for a day or two. This lets the moisture equalize throughout the sticks. Then into a plastic container with holes in the lid with a paper towel under the lid, still in the fridge. You want them to be able to breath, but not too much. Any surplus is vac packed and frozen for later use.

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information