Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God
Default Upgrading meat slicer

Besides a berkel or Hobart you guys have any commercial slicers you recommend? In the 3-500$ range. Here is the 1 I'm eyeing
http://www.lemproducts.com/product/b...r-saws-slicers

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-08-2017, 08:49 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Wow! Looks good 2me! I need a new slicer... I'm looking at that link good and hard! Thanks!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 12-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All

I picked this one up about 2 months ago. It made quick work of 24#s of Canadian Bacon and 8# of belly bacon. It was on my door 4 days after I ordered.
Looks almost identical to the one you linked, probably came from the same factory in China
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014DL1NXO..._aPzfHjoc3bQvk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 09:57 AM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Personally if I was butchering as much as you, I'd go with a Hobart, Berkel, or a globe. The quality can't be beat. They can be had in your price range on Craigslist or eBay. I got my automatic Berkel shipped to my door for $350
Old 12-08-2017, 10:01 AM
Smokin Bill

minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All
minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All

Ive got one from cabelas looks like the twin to the one your looking at .Its a good slicer.
22.5'' wsm
24'' smoke vault
1-outhouse
Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
Smoked meathead #135
Old 12-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Wow! Looks good 2me! I need a new slicer... I'm looking at that link good and hard! Thanks!

Notice it has a 5 year warranty too hawg
Old 12-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Personally if I was butchering as much as you, I'd go with a Hobart, Berkel, or a globe. The quality can't be beat. They can be had in your price range on Craigslist or eBay. I got my automatic Berkel shipped to my door for $350

Was your new? I'm Scared to buy used in this situation as I'm scared I will buy a junker and not know if till it's a done deal
Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strength_and_power View Post
I picked this one up about 2 months ago. It made quick work of 24#s of Canadian Bacon and 8# of belly bacon. It was on my door 4 days after I ordered.
Looks almost identical to the one you linked, probably came from the same factory in China
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014DL1NXO..._aPzfHjoc3bQvk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do look alike don't they. Quick glances shows LEM is good bit cheaper and comes with a automatic 5 year warranty rather than buying it extra for 57$ more.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 AM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinginpse View Post
Was your new? I'm Scared to buy used in this situation as I'm scared I will buy a junker and not know if till it's a done deal
It was used, I understand what you're saying. Had the same feeling. But you can ask for a video of it running, look at sellers rating. If they sell alot they won't want a bad review. Anything on Craigslist in your area?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
It was used, I understand what you're saying. Had the same feeling. But you can ask for a video of it running, look at sellers rating. If they sell alot they won't want a bad review. Anything on Craigslist in your area?

I haven't checked CG yet actually. Been some bad things happen on there that's been talked about around public so that
CG kinda scares me. I like buying and being protected cause atleast PayPal has our backs in this situations. Warranty also weighs heavy. I've never heard of globe I'll look them up but I know Hobart and berkel will stand by their equipment
Old 12-08-2017, 10:31 AM
<--- my mobile office

Quote:
I haven't checked CG yet actually. Been some bad things happen on there that's been talked about around public so that
CG kinda scares me. I like buying and being protected cause atleast PayPal has our backs in this situations. Warranty also weighs heavy. I've never heard of globe I'll look them up but I know Hobart and berkel will stand by their equipment
Understand that also, I always bring someone along. Globes are good machines I bought one 5 years ago for my first. It was made in the 50's. Ran great but was missing safety guards. I think they make some new ones for around $800.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Understand that also, I always bring someone along. Globes are good machines I bought one 5 years ago for my first. It was made in the 50's. Ran great but was missing safety guards. I think they make some new ones for around $800.

800$ WHEEEW man need your kinda thick pocket book to buy something like that haha
Old 12-08-2017, 10:45 AM
<--- my mobile office

Quote:
800$ WHEEEW man need your kinda thick pocket book to buy something like that haha
I just pointed the $800 out cause the new Hobart and Berkel are alot more new. I think globe was trying a to hit guys like us up. Want quality but not the price tag a new one comes with. Honestly, if you're not in a hurry, you should be able to get one of the 3 brands I mentioned for under$500 through eBay, CL, or another way restaurant/grocery store auctions. I've had great luck going to auctions. Do you do Facebook? If so check for a local used restaurant group. I'm not saying the slicer in the link is good or bad. I have zero knowledge on them. I just know the quality of the commercial ones I mentioned.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
I just pointed the $800 out cause the new Hobart and Berkel are alot more new. I think globe was trying a to hit guys like us up. Want quality but not the price tag a new one comes with. Honestly, if you're not in a hurry, you should be able to get one of the 3 brands I mentioned for under$500 through eBay, CL, or another way restaurant/grocery store auctions. I've had great luck going to auctions. Do you do Facebook? If so check for a local used restaurant group. I'm not saying the slicer in the link is good or bad. I have zero knowledge on them. I just know the quality of the commercial ones I mentioned.

Yes sir I know I'm just messing with ya on prices. I do have Facebook but I'm not good at it and Can't use it to good. I'll try to do some digging see what I can find. I'd prefer to have atleast a Hobart or berkel but options are open. I usually don't deal with LEM as I feel they are a bit expensive but the slicer I Linked to is pretty Competitor with the warranty they offer with it.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

I have a Berkel I bought from the school system surplus site. Heavy as hell, but it works great! Slices anything cheese, bread, bacon, Pastrami goes right through all of it. Think I paid $225, came with an AV cart on wheels.

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/browse/home

You can select search your area.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:49 AM
<--- my mobile office

One more thing, if one of those three doesn't come with a sharpener, I wouldn't go over $250. Those are expensive. Hobart guy told me if they don't have one they're not worth much.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
One more thing, if one of those three doesn't come with a sharpener, I wouldn't go over $250. Those are expensive. Hobart guy told me if they don't have one they're not worth much.

Ok yea I knew about the sharpener this one I got has worn out and I know I need to have it. Thanks for the reminder
Though for sure.

Would you hold out for the 3 names mentioned or would u be scared to attempt the LEM?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

What about:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ava.../177SL312.html

I don't have one but have heard a lot of good about it.

I picked up a Berkeley for 100.00, off of Craigslist, really like it but looked over 2 years before finding the right deal.

Or

http://shop.vacuumsealersunlimited.c...icer-19068.htm

Last edited by TKOBBQ; 12-08-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Rub Mixer

Ive never heard of them. Looks like a good unit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information