Posted On: 01-18-2018
Replies: 9
Views: 78
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Last Post: SMOKE FREAK
Replies: 22
Views: 334
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: AJ
Replies: 12
Views: 186
0 OK dammit. The Cold’s got me down.
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 25
Views: 330
0 More briskets
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 7
Views: 69
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,527 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,189 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,535 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinginpse View Post
They do look alike don't they. Quick glances shows LEM is good bit cheaper and comes with a automatic 5 year warranty rather than buying it extra for 57$ more.

You might want to look at the specs a bit closer. The one you linked is a 10" model whereas the one I have is a 12" model. The larger blade allows one to slice larger pieces of meat ( read bacon slabs as a prime example). Details my man, always a good idea to pay attention to the details.

You may look for a restaurant equipment supplier close to you as they often sell used pieces and would stand behind what they sell I would imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All
strength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To Allstrength_and_power Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Ok yea I knew about the sharpener this one I got has worn out and I know I need to have it. Thanks for the reminder
Though for sure.

Would you hold out for the 3 names mentioned or would u be scared to attempt the LEM?

I guarantee LEM does not make that slicer. They buy a container of them from China and the manufacturer prints LEM on the box.

Quality wise, you get what you pay for like all things in life. You got to look at many factors, cost, amount of usage, warranty, parts availability etc and make an informed decision based on your needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

I would hold out for a hobart 1612 It is gear driven parts are all over in the aftermarket world. Sharpener stones are available.

Work horses.

For what I see of your operation i would go commercial. A five year warranty is great until you have a bunch of guys standing around with a couple of hundred pounds of bacon and ham to slice and halfway through you find out you need it.

I also bet you need to foot the shipping bill to them.

What is the closest city to you? I stumble on stuff all the time that I think are deals if I was closer. I can put something on my watch list for you.

Hell if I was closer I would trade you out of some pork for the globe I am rebuilding.

What are you using for a grinder?

Welcome to Gilligans island......It is enjoying to have a member ask the right questions and has an eagerness to learn. That is how I stumbled on this place a few years back.....
Old 12-08-2017, 11:53 AM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

What brand is your old one?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
What brand is your old one?
I forgot to ask him that.

And what is wrong with it? I have multiple resources for commercial parts.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
I forgot to ask him that.

And what is wrong with it? I have multiple resources for commercial parts.

Sorry guys I just peeking in as I can. Old 1 is Hobart and the bearing has gone out on it
Old 12-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

the lem will only slice 1mm thin.
That's actually pretty thick, Well the last thing I sliced up was a leg of parma ham, so 1mm would have been pretty thick for that.
Man was that hard going. Not only was the leg covered in a really slippery layer of cured fat, but the meat was really hard - well it would be.
Ended up carving/hacking it into biggish chunks that I sliced wafer thin.

And the thing about slicing very hard meat very thin, is that it takes bloody ages.
First time I've had the unit get hot to the touch.

I've had a graef slicer for about 5 years, brilliant bit of kit. Small lightweight unit that will slice over 9 inch long bacon, it'll chop through bone (not deliberately, but didn't slow it down any) really hard jerky, you name it.

In the us some of the chef's choice slicers are made by greaf - some aren't.

Things my slicer has that most of yours don't have.
Extra long sliding carriage, one button removal, button also locks it in place for storage.
One hand blade removal - takes a second to remove and replace. This makes cleanups a breeze.
Titanium nitride coated blade. Showing no wear after 5 years, and like I said, it's sliced through some pretty tough stuff.
Direct connect worm gears - gives better torque at lower wattages.
Internal cable storage.

weighs 7lb - not a misprint. There are a couple of threads from when I bought it around here somewhere.

I had a cheapo chinese one before and that couldn't slice marshmllow accurately.

Damn, make that 7 years ! :http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/sho...ighlight=graef

And just to confirm that the original blade, even after 7 years with absolutely no sharpening, I still won't run my finger along the edge of the blade.
No sign of wear or bluntness.

I've even sliced freshly baked bread with it, only thing that doesn't squash the loaf.

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-08-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:55 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Sorry guys I just peeking in as I can. Old 1 is Hobart and the bearing has gone out on it
Possible to get a picture of it? I would bet nicklemore would be able to tell you if parts are available if you're interested in fixing it, might be cheaper. Or we could possibly find one off eBay that has an issue and between the two have one good running unit.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Pit Master

Get me the model number and which bearing (motor or blade)
Old 12-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

I'll see what I can do. It was leaking grease and such out into the blade and getting my meat dirty. After taking it apart seems I remember the earring was busted. Looked around for bit couldn't find anything so gave up n was gonna just replace new
Old 12-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Take a look here
https://www.nbsparts.com/meat-grinders/

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 12-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
I'll see what I can do. It was leaking grease and such out into the blade and getting my meat dirty. After taking it apart seems I remember the earring was busted. Looked around for bit couldn't find anything so gave up n was gonna just replace new
Model or picture?

I just looked and I guess that I did not post a thread on 1612 Hobart rebuild.

That is the most desirable in my opinion. Simple, gear driven, lots of parts and lots of used ones.

If you were in Maryland.......
https://publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=1995744

Last edited by nickelmore; 12-08-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
Model or picture?

I just looked and I guess that I did not post a thread on 1612 Hobart rebuild.

That is the most desirable in my opinion. Simple, gear driven, lots of parts and lots of used ones.

If you were in Maryland.......

https://publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=1995744

Ive just got to the barn and started milking. Let me finish up and go drop some heads and hams off at the shop and I'll look at the slicer then see what Info I can find on it.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Ive just got to the barn and started milking. Let me finish up and go drop some heads and hams off at the shop and I'll look at the slicer then see what Info I can find on it.
Slacker!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Old 12-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Slacker!

You can come milk the bull if u want he could use a hand

Jp w ya bud
Old 12-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
You can come milk the bull if u want he could use a hand

Jp w ya bud
Naaa, he like you much!

Old 12-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Naaa, he like you much!

I'm same ol he needs a lil left hand lol
Old 12-14-2017, 08:33 PM
BBQ, a monkey on my back

rpmorey Is  A Name Known To All
rpmorey Is  A Name Known To Allrpmorey Is  A Name Known To Allrpmorey Is  A Name Known To Allrpmorey Is  A Name Known To Allrpmorey Is  A Name Known To Allrpmorey Is  A Name Known To All

Hey Bling, This is the slicer that I PMed you about. PM me if you're interested. I have no idea what would be the best/least expensive way to ship?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171214_194610615.jpg (31.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171214_194921676_HDR.jpg (34.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171214_194752807.jpg (31.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171214_194812032.jpg (36.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171214_194618946.jpg (29.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-14-2017, 09:22 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmorey View Post
Hey Bling, This is the slicer that I PMed you about. PM me if you're interested. I have no idea what would be the best/least expensive way to ship?

Hey thanks for the pics.

Gents what do you guys think on this gentlemans slicer? He and I have pm'd and I asked him to post here. We both agreed we wanted input from the forum

Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information