Posted On: 01-18-2018
Replies: 4
Views: 42
0 Snow Steak Fajitas
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 16
Views: 167
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: Bearcarver
Replies: 11
Views: 180
0 OK dammit. The Coldís got me down.
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 22
Views: 304
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,527 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,189 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,535 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All
Default My almost clean room processing area. Picture HEAVY

There was some talk about sanitation a few weeks ago so I thought would post what I do.

Still tweaking my setup, usually i am by myself but this year I had both my son's with their deer.I also keep buying cool stuff, so I had to inform the Mrs that I am expanding.

I think I have all the tables and cabinets. I need to re-do the electric, some plumbing throw a bunch of stuff away and find the time.

My sink.....Every thing gets washed before use. Sinks first, counters and everything on them, pans and cutting boards, then small wares.

I use a combination of these:

I am now a glove user. Using the right ones just makes things better.

My usual tools, Some times I add a few to try out.

I use this little bucket lined with two grocery bags for scraps. Easy to reach and easy to throw away.

All setup and ready to start cutting.

I keep large pans covered in refrigerator and keep putting fresh cut in every 15 min or so.

Action picture

I have started using quart size bags for most everything, They are quicker.

Bosses deer netted 23lbs of clean meat.

Now time for a little refreshment.

Last edited by nickelmore; 12-11-2017 at 08:46 AM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Nice! Wish I could do that but I hafta work kinda in the woods. Aim for the same targets just have to do it outdoors.
Well thought out!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 12-10-2017, 11:25 PM
Pit Master

nickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To Allnickelmore Is  A Name Known To All

Me too when I hit my place in KY, I usually debone it then bring it home to age and finish. My goal is to have a portable cooler/ cutting setup.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:04 AM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelmore View Post
Me too when I hit my place in KY, I usually debone it then bring it home to age and finish. My goal is to have a portable cooler/ cutting setup.
Yea, but I do have power and a small freezer...and prolly 50į warmer temps. So I gotta get er done fairly quick an in the freezadezzer. Can't just let one hang for a day.
Still, real nice setup yo got goin!

On edit, well maybe this week I could. Overnights in the 20's, highs in the 50's this week. But that won't last long.

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Last edited by Mark R; 12-11-2017 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:52 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

You should look into one of these MArk... https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...triccoolers-20

I think Iím gonna pick one up...
Old 12-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
You should look into one of these MArk... https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...triccoolers-20

That might be OK for you because for you that one is a Walk-in Cooler!!

$170 is pretty cheap for a Walk-in Cooler!!

LOL---Just kidding Rich,

Bear
Old 12-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:

I have an apt fridge and freezer up there. Might have to give it a look for transport, but you can buy a lot of ice fer $170.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

LOL---Just kidding Rich,

Bear

Old 12-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

cool setup.

The sanitizing tablets label made me laugh.
'Kills hiv !!!!'

For the recird hiv can only be transferred in bodily fluids via direct human to human contact.
It dies very quickly on exposure to air. So unless you gargle with the tablets or shove them in delicate areas - no they won't kill hiv, it'll already be dead :-)

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 12-11-2017, 06:41 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I have an apt fridge and freezer up there. Might have to give it a look for transport, but you can buy a lot of ice fer $170.
OK. Well..just thought something like that might help with the meat. Me.. I just hang it :{)
Old 12-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
cool setup.

The sanitizing tablets label made me laugh.
'Kills hiv !!!!'

For the recird hiv can only be transferred in bodily fluids via direct human to human contact.
It dies very quickly on exposure to air. So unless you gargle with the tablets or shove them in delicate areas - no they won't kill hiv, it'll already be dead :-)
Yea I saw that, and was trying to figure out where I got them. I have had them for some time and know I did not buy them.

I like that solution for my small-wares, knives, cutting plates and such. The other stuff I use is a little strong on the nose and hands.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:27 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

LOL---Just kidding Rich,

Bear
Ok this is funny, about spit my beer out John.

Nice setup nicklemore. I've got some deep deep cleaning to do in my room. Hopefully next week after I get the pigs settled and calves sold. Maybe a bit of cash left over for that meat saw. Really want a walk in cooler.
Old 12-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Yea, but I do have power and a small freezer...and prolly 50į warmer temps. So I gotta get er done fairly quick an in the freezadezzer. Can't just let one hang for a day.
Still, real nice setup yo got goin!

On edit, well maybe this week I could. Overnights in the 20's, highs in the 50's this week. But that won't last long.

Oh yes you can my friend.. I have been wanting to build my own small walk in cooler to age the meat for a few days in lieu of leaving it in the cooler bleeding it out for a week..

It can be done for under 1K easy.. I think I brought this up some years ago.. CoolBot..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 12-11-2017, 07:31 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

spanked it with the Four Roses!

Old 12-11-2017, 07:55 PM
Barque Berner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
Oh yes you can my friend.. I have been wanting to build my own small walk in cooler to age the meat for a few days in lieu of leaving it in the cooler bleeding it out for a week..

It can be done for under 1K easy.. I think I brought this up some years ago.. CoolBot..
If I had a spare $1K I could buy a small walk in! They are cheap at auction here, lotta restaurants goin down!

Old 12-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All
Jailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To AllJailer Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

I have a large Coleman TEC cooler. They are good for keeping cold stuff cold or warm stuff warm. Not so good for going from one to the other. Just not enough BTU exchange in a small TEC unit like that. External temp also has an effect on this.

They do work REALLY well for holding a brisket or butt if it gets done a little earlier than planned. Mine will go to about 154 or so if it's left to run for a while with nothing in it.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:57 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Nice setup Nick
Old 12-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All
Uncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To AllUncle Sauce Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanted88 View Post
spanked it with the Four Roses!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
Nice setup Nick
x2 for both

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information