Posted On: 01-18-2018
Replies: 31
Views: 516
0 Snow Steak Fajitas
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 10
Views: 118
0 Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 10
Views: 170
0 Shredded Chicken Fritters
Last Post: PitRow
Replies: 21
Views: 251
0 Venison pastrami...
Last Post: merrell
Replies: 0
Views: 10
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,522 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,186 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 648,467 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke Guru
Default Smoking a cured ham

Ok guys wanna try it for Christmas. Can you guide me to a well
Cooked perf curly smoked ham on my new smoker

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinginpse View Post
Ok guys wanna try it for Christmas. Can you guide me to a well
Cooked perf curly smoked ham on my new smoker

Check out Bearcavers double smoked hams... you will just have single smoke but will be okay..

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 12-22-2017, 10:32 AM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke GuruBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkonbutts View Post
Check out Bearcavers double smoked hams... you will just have single smoke but will be okay..

10-4 on it
Old 12-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

My method of Double Smoking Hams is to get the cheapest Smoked Ham Portion---Less than $1 per pound, and Smoke it again.
Good tricks included, like cutting the fat off & using it to drip from a pan onto the Ham the whole time it's smoking.

Best Hams we ever ate:
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21317

Here's a Single Ham:
http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42613

Bear
Old 12-22-2017, 11:43 AM
Rub Mixer

Thanks bear. You the man
Old 12-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

stick a probe in the middle of the ham and pull it at 150f

Me I'd cook it at 275 - 300ish, but then I can't be arsed to wait all day for something to cook :-)

For hams I cook in a foil tray with apple juice in the tray. Then slaver honey on the ham and sprinkle garlic powder and a little sea salt on the honey.

The juice that accumulates in the pan usually makes a great sauce, add more apple juice and reduce and thicken - though depending on who cured the ham - can be a little salty, but if you're cooking a commercially cured ham - that probably won't bother you :-)

You're own home cured hams (from what I've seen) should make great sauce

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-22-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:47 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
stick a probe in the middle of the ham and pull it at 150f

Me I'd cook it at 275 - 300ish, but then I can't be arsed to wait all day for something to cook :-)

For hams I cook in a foil tray with apple juice in the tray. Then slaver honey on the ham and sprinkle garlic powder and a little sea salt on the honey.

The juice that accumulates in the pan usually makes a great sauce, add more apple juice and reduce and thicken - though depending on who cured the ham - can be a little salty, but if you're cooking a commercially cured ham - that probably won't bother you :-)

You're own home cured hams (from what I've seen) should make great sauce

This sounds interesting. Thanks bud
Old 12-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Seasoned Smoker

dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All
dsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To Alldsgarner06 Is  A Name Known To All

When I do a double smoked ham, I always follow Bear's method and have never been disappointed. Try it and you know it will be good! Going to do one for Christmas! :)

Yoder YS640
Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
Frogmats
Maverick ET 732
Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

Old 12-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
My method of Double Smoking Hams is to get the cheapest Smoked Ham Portion---Less than $1 per pound, and Smoke it again.

Good tricks included, like cutting the fat off & using it to drip from a pan onto the Ham the whole time it's smoking.

Best Hams we ever ate:

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21317

Here's a Single Ham:

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42613

Bear

Bear do I need to skin my ham or smoke it with skin on?
Old 12-22-2017, 05:43 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Bear do I need to skin my ham or smoke it with skin on?

Check the Link I gave you.
It shows it all.

If you're using your new MES, you can't screw up.

I trim most of the Skin & fat off. Then I take a 9 X 12 foil pan for the Ham, and one for the Fat.
Punch holes in the Fat Pan & put the fat in. Put the fat pan above the Ham pan, and just follow my Step by Step. It's in the Pictures & the Text on that Link.

The Fat will drip down & baste the Ham, and all will be Perfect. Can't be any Easier, and you won't believe how Good it is!!!

Bear
Old 12-22-2017, 06:07 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Check the Link I gave you.

It shows it all.

If you're using your new MES, you can't screw up.

I trim most of the Skin & fat off. Then I take a 9 X 12 foil pan for the Ham, and one for the Fat.

Punch holes in the Fat Pan & put the fat in. Put the fat pan above the Ham pan, and just follow my Step by Step. It's in the Pictures & the Text on that Link.

The Fat will drip down & baste the Ham, and all will be Perfect. Can't be any Easier, and you won't believe how Good it is!!!

Bear

I did look at the link. Seen u said fat and trimmings but nothing special about skin directly but looking at the ham looked like you had skunt it out
Old 12-22-2017, 06:08 PM
Rub Mixer

Going to give it a shot bear for sure. Can't wait. Going to use my new probe with it too
Old 12-22-2017, 06:17 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
I did look at the link. Seen u said fat and trimmings but nothing special about skin directly but looking at the ham looked like you had skunt it out

Yeah, I cut just about everything off but the meat.
Left a little bit of fat on, because I like to eat a little of it when I fry some up with eggs.

I like to get most of it off though, so the smoke can get to the Meat.

And I smoke it low & slow to get more Smoke on it, like most things I smoke.

Bear
Old 12-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Yeah, I cut just about everything off but the meat.

Left a little bit of fat on, because I like to eat a little of it when I fry some up with eggs.

I like to get most of it off though, so the smoke can get to the Meat.

And I smoke it low & slow to get more Smoke on it, like most things I smoke.

Bear

10/4 rubber ducky Ima make smoke happen tomorrow on this. I can't make myself wait. Started to try it today but had cow down with milk fever after pulling her calf this morning so been tied up with keeping her above the dirt today.

Thanks very much for your help and everyone else's here too sir

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information