Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 12-23-2017, 07:43 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Never had to "preserve" oysters... they never last that long around me house...

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-23-2017, 08:27 AM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Never had to "preserve" oysters... they never last that long around me house...

Apparently nobody around my group friends likes them Except for 1 and I don't think he and I can eat a bushel in 1 setting ourself lol. That's why trying to figure out about preserving. We don't know how long they will keep "fresh" or how to go about keeping them Fresh when get them. We've always bought them shucked from a store so it's a first for me
Old 12-23-2017, 08:31 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinginpse View Post
Apparently nobody around my group friends likes them Except for 1 and I don't think he and I can eat a bushel in 1 setting ourself lol. That's why trying to figure out about preserving. We don't know how long they will keep "fresh" or how to go about keeping them Fresh when get them. We've always bought them shucked from a store so it's a first for me
Well, if it's just you and 1 other... don't buy so many!

~ P4 ~

And may they always be.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:32 AM
Rub Mixer

Blinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodBlinginpse Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Quote:
Well, if it's just you and 1 other... don't buy so many!

Since it's a scarce thing to maybe freeze them Sounds like that our only option
Old 12-23-2017, 08:39 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

Quote:
Since it's a scarce thing to maybe freeze them Sounds like that our only option
If I lived closer, I'd gladly arrive at your abode and help you feast on a bushel of those buggers... I love oysters!!

~ P4 ~

And may they always be.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
If I lived closer, I'd gladly arrive at your abode and help you feast on a bushel of those buggers... I love oysters!!

If you was closer I'd expect you to
Come eat and come hungry. We get going
BeTween them oysters and 4$lb jumbo shrimp I'd think we could make a meal. May would even Half pull few ribeyes, sirloins or tbones out the freezer to from my beef . Maybe rack them fresh pork ribs too.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:48 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

Quote:
If you was closer I'd expect you to
Come eat and come hungry. We get going
BeTween them oysters and 4$lb jumbo shrimp I'd think we could make a meal. May would even Half pull few ribeyes, sirloins or tbones out the freezer to from my beef . Maybe rack them fresh pork ribs too.
Well, sounds like a menu to me! Mebee we can get our taste buds together some day!!

~ P4 ~

And may they always be.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:53 AM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Well, sounds like a menu to me! Mebee we can get our taste buds together some day!!

That's fine by me. I appreciate the help over the last few weeks
Old 12-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Rub Mixer

Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All
Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All

If you can't eat them all in a day or so you can make all kinds of things with them and freeze them.

Pad them with your choice of breading. You can fry them then freeze or freeze without frying.
Oyster pie.
Oyster stew.
All should freeze well for later.

I have a few still in the shell in my freezer. Never did that before so not sure what to expect.

1 bushel is a lot for 2 guys but you might be surprised how many you can consume in a few days with a few.
Wish I could help you with your problem.

Smoke Vault 24
Vermont Castings Grill
Thermoworks Smoke
Old 12-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth E Smoke View Post
If you can't eat them all in a day or so you can make all kinds of things with them and freeze them.

Pad them with your choice of breading. You can fry them then freeze or freeze without frying.

Oyster pie.

Oyster stew.

All should freeze well for later.

I have a few still in the shell in my freezer. Never did that before so not sure what to expect.

1 bushel is a lot for 2 guys but you might be surprised how many you can consume in a few days with a few.

Wish I could help you with your problem.

What's the best way to keep them fresh for couple days with them coming in a onion sack
Old 12-23-2017, 12:15 PM
Meat Mopper

Fishbum Is  A Name Known To All
Fishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To AllFishbum Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
What's the best way to keep them fresh for couple days with them coming in a onion sack
An ice chest with ice put them on top and keep water drained. Spray them off with water first if sandy and gritty then chill. Split some shells and suck em down raw with a splash of hot sauce.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Rub Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbum View Post
An ice chest with ice put them on top and keep water drained. Spray them off with water first if sandy and gritty then chill. Split some shells and suck em down raw with a splash of hot sauce.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sweet thanks for the info
Old 12-23-2017, 12:56 PM
Rub Mixer

Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All
Smooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To AllSmooth E Smoke Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Just keep them cold. In a walkin or fridg or on ice.

Smoke Vault 24
Vermont Castings Grill
Thermoworks Smoke
Old 12-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Rub Mixer

10/4 on that smoothE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > General Information