Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Wild Game

Wild Game Deer, Elk, Moose, Rabbit And The Other Critters We Hunt.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 tacos al pastor ala pancha (on the griddle)............ ....
Last Post: chefrob
Posted On: 12-17-2017
Replies: 15
Views: 105
0 Been playing with an Italian sausage mix.
Replies: 12
Views: 138
0 $3.98 A lb Ribeye Dinner On A Smokey Joe
Replies: 11
Views: 138
0 Home made pierogies...and creme brle
Last Post: Slanted88
Replies: 18
Views: 214
0 Newby Stuey!
Last Post: Slanted88
Replies: 8
Views: 54
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,470 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,003 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 645,242 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All
cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All
Default Venison Pastrami

I made some venison pastrami with a couple of roasts from the hind quarter of a deer I got this season...

The cure...this is enough for 5lbs of meat
5 tablespoons Tender Quick
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon ground bay leaves
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

I mix the cure, rub onto the meat and shake off any excess..

wrap it and let it cure...this batch cured for 5 days.
Then I soak in fresh water for a couple of hours...

Before smoking, I season it with a mixture of garlic, allspice, crushed juniper berries, onion powder, crushed bay leaves and mustard seeds...

Then put it on the smoker with a bit of hickory...

After smoking, I wrap in foil and fill the pouch with beef broth. It steams a bit and makes sure the pastrami is moist.
I let this sit for at least 30 minutes...

I like it with spicy brown mustard, melted cheese and some twangy green tomato dill pickles.

Thanks for checking out my venison pastrami. :)

Last edited by cowgirl; 02-11-2009 at 11:38 PM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Wow... lookie that purty meat! And the twangy green tomatoes! Bravo Cowgirl...once again! points
Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
in Memoriam

Capt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Very Nice. Gonna see her on the food channel some day I swear!

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)
Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Too Much Soul to Control!

lcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

What a beautiful color to that pastrami and the sandwich looks to die for with that cheese just oozing out.

GOSM/propane
UDS (Cam)/lump
22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
Weber Genesis/propane
Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane
Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Oh My... That venison looks great. So you pickled the tomato's?? No relish huh?

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 02-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Smokin meat Wu-Tang Style

wutang Is  A Name Known To All
wutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To Allwutang Is  A Name Known To All

Does have a beautiful color to it. Really nice.
KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan
Old 02-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Meat Mopper

ChadTower Is Just Starting Out

That looks awesome. I need to find a local source for game. I'm not a hunter anymore.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Pit Master

jbchoice1 Knows How To Maintain A Pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dan View Post
Very Nice. Gonna see her on the food channel some day I swear!
on the outdoors network none the less... making me

You don't have to be crazy to post here, but it helps
I'm old school, ya know, back when tits were different sizes
Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, hauling it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Got to smoke

Smoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

BRAVO...Outstanding that looks great, looks great on the plate too.
________
COLORADO DISPENSARY

Last edited by Smoke Doc; 04-19-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All
cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All

Thank you folks!
Ken, I make both relish and twangy green tomato dill pickles with the last of the season green tomatoes...also slice and can green tomatoes for frying.
The pickles are my favorite, I can batter and deep fry them. :)

lol Dan, I wouldn't want my own cooking show, unless it was like JB said...on the outdoor network.

I use this same recipe to corn beef and make beef pastrami..it works great. :)
Old 02-12-2009, 03:26 PM
The "Baconator"

BigRedQ Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherBigRedQ Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherBigRedQ Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherBigRedQ Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherBigRedQ Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling TeacherBigRedQ Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Teacher

Jeanie,

That looks fantastic.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Thank you! :)
Old 02-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Pit Master

bb53chevpro Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingbb53chevpro Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingbb53chevpro Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grillingbb53chevpro Has A Brilliant Future In Smoking & Grilling

Jeanie, another great plate of food. WOW.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:58 AM
Sittin' by the campfire

Andy, thank you! :)
Old 02-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Liquid Smoker

DangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodDangerDan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Far out!!!! Fantastic job on the pastrami..

I'm sure looking forward to mine..
Old 02-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Fire Starter

kmumaw Is Just Starting Out
Default WOW!

I may even have to try this one!points
Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Thanks Dan and Kmumaw! It's pretty tasty pastrami..hope you give it a try sometime. :)
Old 02-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
I like it with spicy brown mustard, melted cheese and some twangy green tomato dill pickles.
And grapes !
lol you've got a real problem with this fruit thing ;-)
But excellent looking pastrami - what temp did you smoke it too ?

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 10-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Rub Mixer

Smokin Bill Is Just Starting Out

That looks wonderful as usual. What was the weight of that roast you started with?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Wild Game