Braciole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braciole

Of all the threads/pics lost in the crash elsewhere, this is the one I most wanted to repost. This is a variation on a family recipe. Braciole is a stuffed flank steak. My wife's italian grandmother used to make this every New Year's Day but she doesn't do much cooking anymore. So my wife and I made it in the smoker.
    First you pound out the flank steak with a meat tenderizer

When they were about how I wanted them I sprinkled with some italian seanoning and some minced garlic, then pounded them a little more.

We put together a couple pounds of meatball mixture (ground beef, italian seasoning, parmesan and romano cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, etc.) and spread the mixture out on the steak. Then added a few hard boiled eggs and rolled it up like a fattie.

Here is a pic before we closed up the end

After a while on the smoker.

After about 2-2 1/2 hours.

A pic of it sliced up.

And my plate from that day. Braciole, pasta w/ homemade sauce, italian sausage that simmered in the sauce and some cheesy garlic bread.

This was great, I am sure I will do it again. But it is one of those things we will probably only make on New Year's Day. Gotta keep with the family traditions.

Disclaimer: Normally this would be simmered/braised in the sauce but since we smoked it-we served it naked.

Thanks to everyone for checking this out, even if some of you have seen it before.
    KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Man memory lane here. My Grandma's sister Great Aunt Gracie used to make this. Been, what ...35 years since I had it. Thank you for the mechanics <MAN you beat that meat LOL!> and the post. Now I gotta try this!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Wu, Thanks for bringin that back to life! Awesome thread, and your gonna get points, just like I gave ya the 1st time I saw it.
      Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Nice ... Real Nice...

Thats some serious eats right there..
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
          KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Now THIS would be a good one to do while aggravated. LOL Oooo i'm so mad at my wife pound pound, Oooo them damn kids.... pound pound..........etc etc

Nice job looks good may just have to give this one a try some time.points

Comment

Fine looking meal! Nice job!
              Sunset Eagle Aviation
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Thanks BigRed and Slanted for the points.

Originally posted by BigRedQ View Post
                Now THIS would be a good one to do while aggravated. LOL Oooo i'm so mad at my wife pound pound, Oooo them damn kids.... pound pound..........etc etc
                Yeah it is kinda funny the stuff that goes through your head while you are pounding the crap out of a flank steak. LOL. You do feel more relaxed after it is done.
                KCBS/CBJ #56408

Comment

Working...
                X