Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Homemade Smokers

Homemade Smokers Be It Charcoal, Gas, Electric Or Stick Burner. Lets See Them Here.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Grilled Lamb Chops
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Posted On: 09-25-2017
Replies: 4
Views: 43
0 So I have a few brisket pics
Replies: 34
Views: 466
0 Ribs 2 ways
Replies: 11
Views: 100
0 NM Elk
Last Post: AJ
Posted On: 09-24-2017
Replies: 0
Views: 25
0 Hatch from scratch part two
Last Post: Uncle Sauce
Posted On: 09-24-2017
Replies: 11
Views: 117
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,344 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,597 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 638,649 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 03-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Welder Fabricator

GOT14U Is  A Name Known To AllGOT14U Is  A Name Known To All
GOT14U Is  A Name Known To AllGOT14U Is  A Name Known To AllGOT14U Is  A Name Known To All
Arrow Westernsmokers vertical reverse flow smoker build

Well I finally got to start on the first build for my Westernsmokers adventure. Me and the boy had to finish up a table this morning first, so I quickly put him to work. Everything has gone great so far, we did have a little curve with one weld with the new machine and we had also changed wire size. but soon after we were humming right a long again. I am very impressed with the plasma cutter I bought. Cuts through this stuff like butter. Here are the pics from this mornings go at it. We will be back out there this evening to do some more. Thanks for lookin and keep a eye out for more builds and products.

just getting started this morning. So the slave labor started early..lol

the beginning

first piece of the project is done...made short work of it with the plasma

some of the welds

this is the one we had a little curve on

so far so good...you can see the hole is very low for the smoke stack.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 03-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Pit Master

Zeeker Is  A Name Known To All
Zeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To All

Good luck and all the best on your new venture...
KCBS CBJ
Zeek
Old 03-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Let's Rock Louie!

Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All
Slanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To AllSlanted88 Is  A Name Known To All

You on it Hot Rod....stay in it~!

Old 03-20-2010, 06:03 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

Hey Jerod,

Man that's a fine start! You'll have that thing together in no time. I'm really pulling for ya with the new adventure!

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Just Smokin

smokemania Knows How To Mop The Meat

very nice welds keep the pics comming

Brinkman Pitmast Deluxe (with alot of mods)
Great Out doors grill
Brinkman verticle
And one great UDS
Crooked Creek Viszlas
Old 03-20-2010, 07:37 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Plasmas rock... bro has one- steel has never been less daunting!

Nice welds. I suck at that. Can solder tho... Eh..it's something!

Like to see a drawing of the smoker... if ya have one.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Welder Fabricator

GOT14U Is  A Name Known To AllGOT14U Is  A Name Known To AllGOT14U Is  A Name Known To All

I don't have much of one. I change the dimensions at the last minute..I figured I didn't need of 5' smoker right now. So I went with just a four footer instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Plasmas rock... bro has one- steel has never been less daunting!

Nice welds. I suck at that. Can solder tho... Eh..it's something!

Like to see a drawing of the smoker... if ya have one.
Thanks to your build I started thinking about this...I really do owe ya bud !!!! and I also owe ya for letting me bounce ideas off ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
Hey Jerod,

Man that's a fine start! You'll have that thing together in no time. I'm really pulling for ya with the new adventure!
to everyone else thanks for checkin it out...I did manage to get the top and the bottom of the inner shell on. I think I will stop there for the night...the boy has smoked some ribs today..His first attempt...they look and smell great so I will need a nap after dinner of course..lol
and thanks for the points everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT14U View Post

Thanks to your build I started thinking about this...I really do owe ya bud !!!! and I also owe ya for letting me bounce ideas off ya.
No problem. I just wanted to see the drawings in case of a "misfit"
Old 03-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Welder Fabricator

I'll try to find my original and scan it for ya. Just in case there is misfits in there...lol
Quote:
Old 03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Welder Fabricator

Quote:
found it...here is the original..somethings have change tho.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Welder Fabricator

Had a little time today after all the weeks hussle and bussle. Started on the fire box/charcoal pan. Here are the pics. I have next week off so this should be done next week
squaring up the bottom

before the top and sides are on

top on squared up and welded only thing left is the handles but those will be done after I do the doors..

thanks for lookin !
Old 03-27-2010, 06:43 AM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

Looking good! I can put things together out of wood, but I've always admired someone who can weld a nice bead.

Smoke Vault 24
Old 03-27-2010, 06:58 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Nice work! Same mesh I have in a basket for my WSM. Only issue- might have to give it a shake on longer smokes as ash will get held up by the mesh a bit.

Then again...that's a BIG freakin' basket... sooo guess we'll see!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Welder Fabricator

I was a carpenter for quit some time as well. Metal is definitely a different animal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
Looking good! I can put things together out of wood, but I've always admired someone who can weld a nice bead.
Ya I thought about that. But it will also keep the smaller pieces of some royal oak from falling through at the beginning. So I figured what the hay. On a side note I got your rub yesterday I'm dieing to try it out. It smells great
Quote:
Nice work! Same mesh I have in a basket for my WSM. Only issue- might have to give it a shake on longer smokes as ash will get held up by the mesh a bit.

Then again...that's a BIG freakin' basket... sooo guess we'll see!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Welder Fabricator

Well I was able to work on the smoker for a couple hours today...It seemed like I didn't get much done but sometimes it's the way it goes. This is the bottom part just about done. I will make the smoke channel up the sides tomorrow and cap the top of what you see here. The water pan will be towards the end of the build I think. It should hold about 6 gallons of water. Well here are the pics and thanks for lookin.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:28 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

Hey Jerod,

Man that is really coming along. If I can see from the pics, from the bottom up, it looks like a slide out ash pan, the fire pan, and then the water pan framing...Man that is some good looking fabrication. Points on a reload!

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

ALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To All
ALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To AllALX Is  A Name Known To All

Yeah...very nice indeed....The backwoods style smokers with a stoker/guru for competitions do very well at comps....Gonna be a sweet ride...
Old 03-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Welder Fabricator

You got it...you can also see where the smoke channels will be at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
Hey Jerod,

Man that is really coming along. If I can see from the pics, from the bottom up, it looks like a slide out ash pan, the fire pan, and then the water pan framing...Man that is some good looking fabrication. Points on a reload!
That's what I am hoping alx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALX View Post
Yeah...very nice indeed....The backwoods style smokers with a stoker/guru for competitions do very well at comps....Gonna be a sweet ride...
Old 03-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Hunt it, Fish it, EAT IT!

WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All
WALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To AllWALLE Is  A Name Known To All

Damn - G!
How the heck did I miss this post??

VERY NICE on the design and craftsmanship! Those are going to be awesome smokers.

Now that I know what to look for, I'm keeping up on this post!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Homemade Smokers