Ribeye & Ranch Taters On The Akorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribeye & Ranch Taters On The Akorn

Yesterday the weather cleared up. A little more wind than I would have liked, but 70's and clear skies. Beautiful. So...I had this huge ribeye in the freezer. And some home made steak sauce to play with.

Had 2 big russets I wanted to try out the hassleback thing on. Sliced them and nuked for about 10 minutes. All out of the Ranchman's butter and Blue cheese butter. Need to make more. Drizzled them with some melted unsalted butter, sprinkled them with some dry Ranch dressing mix and stuck them in the Akorn at about 350 for a half hour. Topped them with some shredded parmesan near the end. They were good, but think the reds are way better. Will stick to those.

You're thinking, get to the steak! Salted it with kosher salt for 45 minutes and rinsed thoroughly. When I topped the taters, I opened the vents and let her rip. Tried to get a good pic without the flash. Didn't work. Oh well. Looked cool in the dark.

This thing took up an entire paper plate. Didn't get a sliced pic, but just the way I like it. Nice and pink with no bloody juices running out.

I could only finish one tater and half the steak. The real reason for cooking this steak was to mess with the steak sauce I've been working on. Tried several ideas and may try more tonight. You can find it here.

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30136

Thanks for checking it out.
    S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
    CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
    New Braunfels Bandera
    UniFlame Gas Grill
    Lil Chief

that can go in my belly right now!!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Looks pretty darn good to me
      Yoder YS640 Finally here!
      Bradley digital electric
      Weber Silver series kettle
      Charmglow gas grill
      Always the good ol' camp fire

Comment

Originally posted by yuioutta View Post
        Looks pretty darn good to me
        X2

PBC Drum Smoker
        Bradley Digital 4 Rack
        THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
        Miss Piggy Smoker
        Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

Great looking steak and potatoes Ray, your sauce recipe from the other thread is sounding pretty good also!
          --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
          www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Working...
          X