Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Cooking With Iron

Cooking With Iron If You Cook It With Dutch Ovens Or Cast Iron Pans, Here's Where You Want To Show It.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
9 Hey look what I found...
Last Post: Mark R
Posted On: 02-21-2018
Replies: 26
Views: 302
0 DDave's Reverse Flow Build
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 81
Views: 1,657
0 Brick built gas smoker
Last Post: Slanted88
Replies: 13
Views: 162
0 Lamb Chops n Breakfast
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 20
Views: 277
0 Obviously love posting Food
Last Post: TKOBBQ
Replies: 57
Views: 1,212
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,577 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,363 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,590 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 02-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All
cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All
Default Bull Fries n Catfish

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Please move or delete if needed!

This was one of those finger food and cold beer nights.
I roped off a section of "yard" for a couple of the girls to mow.

set up some pots of oil for frying..

prepped and sliced the bull fries...

went the quick route on the cracker crumbs...

gave the fries an egg/milk bath and rolled in the crumbs..

cut up some catfish that was caught during the summer..

also added crawfish tails to the cook..

It didn't take long to fry everybody up!

catfish..

bull fries...

That's pretty much it. Supper!

The girls mow but they won't weed eat.

Thanks for looking!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cowgirl; 02-05-2018 at 09:13 PM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 02-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Meat Mopper

rexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To Allrexster314 Is  A Name Known To All

Looks good! Haven't had bull nuts in a long time
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
Old 02-05-2018, 12:53 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
Thanks! Glad to see you're a fan of them too!

Old 02-05-2018, 12:58 PM
Pit Masters Assistant

206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God206 Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Your method of turning crackers into crumbs is a crack up.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:00 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Thanks! Glad to see you're a fan of them too!
Never had them... never even thought of it honestly. Something aboot the thought of... well, nevermind...

Great looking spread jeanie, nuts and all!!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 02-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

As always. looks right tasty Jeanie!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 02-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Pit Master

BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
BYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllBYBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Excellent job

I grew up eatin' them and sweetbreads.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Keepin' on Smokin'

Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All
Bassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To AllBassman Is  A Name Known To All

Made me hungry for sure!

Smoke Vault 24
Old 02-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great Jeanie! Never really had catfish but I do like fish.

I am stealing that cracker crunching deal from you when it gets warm enough!

Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 02-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Yep, them be good eats.. It's been 10 years since I had any calf fries.. You would think one could find them in bovine country..

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 02-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Thanks everybody! I'm fond of finger food nights. (not fond of washing dishes).
:)

Old 02-05-2018, 08:38 PM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

Been a long time since I've had calf fries...but they are pretty darn good. the cracker crumb thing cracked me up. I usually take a sleeve of crackers and pinhole the wrapper so it will compress and then push it together like an accordion...your idea will be brought out when the niece and nephew are visiting! They already think "Uncle Dana is seriously hard core!"...this will only add to the legend!

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
Been a long time since I've had calf fries...but they are pretty darn good. the cracker crumb thing cracked me up. I usually take a sleeve of crackers and pinhole the wrapper so it will compress and then push it together like an accordion...your idea will be brought out when the niece and nephew are visiting! They already think "Uncle Dana is seriously hard core!"...this will only add to the legend!
lol! When friends are here during deer camp, we use a box for each tire.
Thanks!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:06 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by 206 View Post
Your method of turning crackers into crumbs is a crack up.
X2

Looks great! Dunno aboot the "Bull Fries" though
Old 02-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Pit Master

zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All
zombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To Allzombini Is  A Name Known To All

Now thats a pile of goodness. Been a long time for me too. We roll out our pork tenderloins the exact same way, but I picked up a new method on making cracker crumbs that i'm going to have to try out...
z
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Genesis Silver
Smokin Tex
MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
Maverick ET 732
Brown and lime green ThermaPens
2 orange ThermoPops
A-Maze-N Tube 18"
A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
Vortex

Last edited by zombini; 02-05-2018 at 09:08 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
X2

Looks great! Dunno aboot the "Bull Fries" though
Thanks Fishawn! I bet you would like them if you didn't know what they were.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombini View Post
Now thats a pile of goodness. Been a long time for me too. We roll out our pork tenderloins the exact same way, but I picked up a new method on making cracker crumbs that i'm going to have to try out...
z
Thank you zombini! I bet the pork tenderloins are delicious! I'll give that a try!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:16 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

I probably wouldn't eat the fish, just because I'd be devouring the mountain oysters. Got some swinging steak just about ready to be harvested hopefully in the next month. It all looks great
Old 02-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I probably wouldn't eat the fish, just because I'd be devouring the mountain oysters. Got some swinging steak just about ready to be harvested hopefully in the next month. It all looks great
Great to see another fan of swinging sirloin! Thanks Ryan!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Cooking With Iron