Smoked-Meat Forums

Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Cooking With Iron

Cooking With Iron If You Cook It With Dutch Ovens Or Cast Iron Pans, Here's Where You Want To Show It.

Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 John Force Taken To The Hospital
Last Post: barkonbutts
Posted On: 02-25-2018
Replies: 8
Views: 60
0 When your away from home and need to smoke...
Last Post: Slanted88
Replies: 19
Views: 179
0 Yakisoba with steak and shrimp
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 9
Views: 102
0 Hangin out
Last Post: Slanted88
Replies: 7
Views: 69
0 USDA Prime Beef Tenderloin
Last Post: Bassman
Replies: 12
Views: 94
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,583 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,387 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,913 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 02-05-2018, 09:25 PM
<--- my mobile office

Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All
Ryan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To AllRyan Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Great to see another fan of swinging sirloin! Thanks Ryan!
Growing up dad's friends would have nut fries twice a year. They raised alot of pigs, so shortly after doing it they had a party. I tried some smoked and in a taco, it was different. Definitely preferred fried.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 02-05-2018, 09:27 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Well I'll be damned...I never thought that you could ever cook something...anything...that I didn't wanna eat...

I'd be all over that catfish and crawdad gig

Old 02-05-2018, 09:36 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All
cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Growing up dad's friends would have nut fries twice a year. They raised alot of pigs, so shortly after doing it they had a party. I tried some smoked and in a taco, it was different. Definitely preferred fried.
That sounds like a great time, I bet those were good eatin'! I'm like you ... I prefer them fried though. Thanks Ryan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
Well I'll be damned...I never thought that you could ever cook something...anything...that I didn't wanna eat...

I'd try to convert you Craig! Give you enough beer and whiskey and I'll get you to try one. Thanks...

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
Old 02-05-2018, 09:40 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

I'd try to convert you Craig! Give you enough beer and whiskey and I'll get you to try one. Thanks...
Catfish and beer... I'm good...

Old 02-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

cowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To Allcowgirl Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Catfish and beer... I'm good...

Old 02-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Barque Berner

Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All
Mark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To AllMark R Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Buzzard gots no gutts!

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!
Old 02-05-2018, 10:18 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Buzzard gots no gutts!

Old 02-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Pit Master

erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All
erain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To Allerain Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:

Heck I would give them a shot, Jeanie you wouldn't have to twist my arm to give them a try!
Dutch Ovens and other CI
Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

Old 02-05-2018, 11:06 PM
Rub Mixer

Courser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To All
Courser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To AllCourser Is  A Name Known To All

Those were some fair sized calves!! I grew up eating those a few times a year also...just a ways south of Ryan. Like he said, hogs were cut a couple of times a year and that was always reason for a get-together. I actually prefer the hog fries a bit more than the beef, but either were good.
There's a place not too far from Omaha called 'Round the Bend Steakhouse that has their "Testicle Festival" every summer. You can't hardly get in the parking lot! And they always have them on their menu as an appetizer.
But I have to say yours look WONDERFUL! Keep up the great work.

16" Original Oklahoma Joe offset
GMG Daniel Boone
Husker Red UDS V.2014
22" Black Weber Kettle V.1988
British Racing Green Thermapen w/Glow-in-the-dark silicone boot!
Old 02-06-2018, 12:37 AM
FOOD FIGHT!!!

THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
THE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To AllTHE ICEMAN Is  A Name Known To All
Cool

I could put a serious hurt on that catfish...

Bhut those bull fries???

Yeah, ummmmm... I don't think so...

HORIZON 16" Classic Offset
SToK Tower Grill
Weber 18.5"
Weber Smokey Joe

Not to mention the occasional campfire

Take it from SLANTED88, you'll look great...

NRA Patron Life Member

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther-

Old 02-06-2018, 06:06 AM
Pit Master

Zeeker Is  A Name Known To All
Zeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To AllZeeker Is  A Name Known To All

Never had me bull fries, just beautiful Jeanie.
KCBS CBJ
Zeek
Old 02-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Pit Masters Assistant

TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All
TKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To AllTKOBBQ Is  A Name Known To All

Nice looking spread, never had bull fries though. Probably one of those things that's better to try before you really know what it is.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:41 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

And I forgot to mention... the cracker gig is hilarious!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 02-06-2018, 12:43 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by erain View Post
Heck I would give them a shot, Jeanie you wouldn't have to twist my arm to give them a try!
Thanks Eraine! I bet you would like them. They have a fairly mild flavor. Bout like a fried morel. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courser View Post
Those were some fair sized calves!! I grew up eating those a few times a year also...just a ways south of Ryan. Like he said, hogs were cut a couple of times a year and that was always reason for a get-together. I actually prefer the hog fries a bit more than the beef, but either were good.
There's a place not too far from Omaha called 'Round the Bend Steakhouse that has their "Testicle Festival" every summer. You can't hardly get in the parking lot! And they always have them on their menu as an appetizer.
But I have to say yours look WONDERFUL! Keep up the great work.
Thanks! These were bull fries, not calf fries. I like hog and sheep fries too. Mighty tasty! When I see fries on a menu at a restaurant, I have to order them. Sometimes they are fantastic, sometimes not. lol
Yep.. fry Festivals are usually great! Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
I could put a serious hurt on that catfish...

Bhut those bull fries???

Yeah, ummmmm... I don't think so...
lol Thanks!

Last edited by cowgirl; 02-06-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeker View Post
Never had me bull fries, just beautiful Jeanie.
Thank you Zeek, I bet you would like them.. they are similar to chicken. Nice to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOBBQ View Post
Nice looking spread, never had bull fries though. Probably one of those things that's better to try before you really know what it is.
Yes! Best to try them before you know. lol Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
And I forgot to mention... the cracker gig is hilarious!
lol Thanks Phil! I've been making them this way for a few years. Started during deer camp one year when we had a ton of crumbs to make and me and my two best friends were doing the cooking. (Jello shots were involved)

Old 02-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

Never had them - but would try them

Looks like you got your appetite back

I'd need ketchup to work my way through that lot

Love the redneck crumbs too

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 02-06-2018, 05:27 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Hmmm. Well..if YOU served them..guess Id have some

Maybe its just a man thing?
Old 02-06-2018, 07:16 PM
WATT BURNER

morkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Gurumorkdach Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Mighty fine looken mess there Jeanie
Old 02-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Sittin' by the campfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Never had them - but would try them

Looks like you got your appetite back

I'd need ketchup to work my way through that lot

Love the redneck crumbs too
Great! Glad to see another brave soul! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Hmmm. Well..if YOU served them..guess Id have some

Maybe its just a man thing?
Thanks Rich. I think I tricked you into trying a green bean once (pickled). I still feel bad about that....didn't know they were on your "do not eat" list, I wouldn't have sent them! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkdach View Post
Mighty fine looken mess there Jeanie
Great to see you Terry! Hope all is well! Thanks.. :)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Cooking With Iron