X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go TD

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderDome View Post
      This was A LOT of work...I always assumed comps were tough, and this was only one meat. I feel for you guys who do it regularly, we were exhausted.
      Nice job.
      Our team Dr. Smoke is just my wife and I. At our last comp here in Tx our turn ins were
      10 am beans- 1st place
      11 am chefs choice- 3rd place
      12 noon Cajun- 1st
      1 pm chicken- 17th
      2:30 pm ribs- 6th
      4pm brisket- 2nd
      Give that a go! that was probably the hardest one we ever did!
      I have been contemplating the mad hunky whang thang, but after this, I'm gonna give it a go. I get paid tonight, gonna scoop up 2 bags

I never have Cooked what I thought was the perfect wing, thanks for the nudge and inspiration
      Last edited by Jmoney7269; 11-08-2012, 01:52 PM.
      Security without liberty is prison. Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither!
      I'm the guy chasing the cow though the pasture with a loaf of bread.

Comment

Congrats!!! Looks like a lot of work but fun!
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Would of loved to be a judge in that comp....nice work

Comment

Very cool, would be a fun comp to compete in. 200 wings is large minimum amount to cook.
            WSM and UDS - iBQ'n BBQ Team co-founder TheBBQSuperstore.com

Comment

damn bill.....i missed this the first time around...............great showing and love the ring!
              sigpic
              it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Yep, I guess I missed this one first time through as well. Nice job Bill, congrats!!!

I have tried that charcoal chimney trick on my Stok after you posted something aboot it... It works great for wings. A great idea for the Weber, you should patent it.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                  Yep, I guess I missed this one first time through as well. Nice job Bill, congrats!!!

I have tried that charcoal chimney trick on my Stok after you posted something aboot it... It works great for wings. A great idea for the Weber, you should patent it.
                  Working on the design a tad. There's 3 in 'testing' now

Thanks Ice!

Comment

Working on the design a tad. There's 3 in 'testing' now
                    Maybe start a new thread... I have a Q tho...do you actually get more cooking surface than the "side indirect" method? I don't think ya do... but is it a better cooking setup?
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Maybe start a new thread... I have a Q tho...do you actually get more cooking surface than the "side indirect" method? I don't think ya do... but is it a better cooking setup?
                      No, cooking surface would be it's limitation. But its yet to be an issue. I prefer how evenly this cooks every item compared to the side-indirect.

This is perfect for wings, and thighs, but I hate thinking that's it's limitations. Pork tenderloins are a candidate as well.

It really prevents blackening or burn spots since the chimney itself acts as a deflector. Then the heat is directed up, then down/around. I suggest rotating lid for the exhaust adjustment 90 degrees every 15-20 mins.

Also, it makes for a MEAN steak searing zone if you were going to throw on a few ribeyes (similar to Alton Browns charcoal chimney cooking method).

Comment

No, cooking surface would be it's limitation. But its yet to be an issue. I prefer how evenly this cooks every item compared to the side-indirect.

This is perfect for wings, and thighs, but I hate thinking that's it's limitations. Pork tenderloins are a candidate as well.

It really prevents blackening or burn spots since the chimney itself acts as a deflector. Then the heat is directed up, then down/around. I suggest rotating lid for the exhaust adjustment 90 degrees every 15-20 mins.

Also, it makes for a MEAN steak searing zone if you were going to throw on a few ribeyes (similar to Alton Browns charcoal chimney cooking method).
                        Interesting... you should start a thread in the charcoal cookers...
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

AWESOME Bill!!!!! Great work and congrats!!
                          Don

Humphrey's Pint
                          Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                          Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                          Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                          Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                          Anova One Sous Vide
                          AMPS
                          Purple Thermapen
                          Maverick ET-733
                          DigIQ DX2
                          Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

nice use of the kettles there boss.

I hear ya about those comps being an ass kicker, did 2, decided I was too old for that shit.

charcoal
                            Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Working...
                            X