Working on presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on presentation

After years of trial and error I have found a few different combinations I am very happy with for ribs. Now time to work on presentation, no real reason just to look fancy at the BBQ. Also "Meat Church" smoked chocolate pean cobbler highly recommended!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

to smoked-meat, Aaron.

Ribs are lookin good. A bit saucier than I like but that's a personal preference.

I do want to know more about that cobbler if you don't mind sharing secrets
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
      to smoked-meat, Aaron.

Ribs are lookin good. A bit saucier than I like but that's a personal preference.

I do want to know more about that cobbler if you don't mind sharing secrets
      For the cobbler it is on Meat Church website. It was so easy to make and a huge hit.

Comment

https://www.meatchurch.com/blogs/rec...-pecan-cobbler

Comment

Ribs look real good. Could you tell us about that sauce on them? And for some reason because of the butcher paper those racks look tiny to me. But whatever I know that's illusion. for presentation. I myself go just dry rub on ribs, but I say pit-master privilege on how you do them up. Good looking cook.

Curious what kind of rig you smoking on?

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
            Ribs look real good. Could you tell us about that sauce on them? And for some reason because of the butcher paper those racks look tiny to me. But whatever I know that's illusion. for presentation. I myself go just dry rub on ribs, but I say pit-master privilege on how you do them up. Good looking cook.

Curious what kind of rig you smoking on?
            I use a Oklahoma Joe's Highlander. Those are baby backs so they are a little small but it's the paper for sure. And it's a homemade sauce I whipped together. I used my regular homemade stuff and made up some habanero peach jelly them mixed them together. 1 part my "KS" style sauce to 1/2 part peach habanero jelly.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.krystofiak View Post
              I use a Oklahoma Joe's Highlander. Those are baby backs so they are a little small but it's the paper for sure. And it's a homemade sauce I whipped together. I used my regular homemade stuff and made up some habanero peach jelly them mixed them together. 1 part my "KS" style sauce to 1/2 part peach habanero jelly.

Very cool. Thanks for coming aboard. Look forward to your contributions. That sauce certainly sounds tasty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                Very cool. Thanks for coming aboard. Look forward to your contributions. That sauce certainly sounds tasty!!!!
                Thanks! I use to be part of "The Art Of Smoke and Grill" on Facebook(hands down best group on FB) but have not had social media in about 6 months now so joined here to see what everyone was working one. Today I've got Mac and Cheese and baked beans in the pit. Depending on how many I drink there may or may not be pictures.

Comment

Thanks! I use to be part of "The Art Of Smoke and Grill" on Facebook(hands down best group on FB) but have not had social media in about 6 months now so joined here to see what everyone was working one. Today I've got Mac and Cheese and baked beans in the pit. Depending on how many I drink there may or may not be pictures.

Well you'll fit right in here
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Holy Cow.... I don't know anyone around here that would post blurry pictures

Awesome baby back rib
                    Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Nice ribs aaron, again I can't have heavy sauced ribs but that's just me.
                      I say for presentation you found it!!!! That's a winning look indeed.
                      OKJoe's Longhorn Combo ►Traeger 575 Bronze ►Weber Q series
                      ThermaPEN-Mk4 ►MEATERx2 ►FireBoard|||| and SPARK► Smokin-it Smoke Generator► INKBIRD Sous Vide► GrillGrates
                      and accessories out the ying-yang

Comment

I may have to try that cobbler this weekend with a little bourbon added to it. Recipe is similar to Derby pie.
                        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                        Weber Smokey Joe
                        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                        Pink Thermapen
                        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Looks great!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ribs lookin' good. Pecan cobbler is the shit! I first tried it at a cookoff several years ago. One of the team members wife had made it. I was hooked right away. Good stuff.
                            Arron W.

YS 640
                            Primo Oval XL
                            Lone Star Grillz 30x36 cabinet smoker
                            Not so Ugly Drum Smoker
                            Weber Copper Top
                            Old Smokey
                            Orion
                            Gasser
                            2 Sack Crawfish Boiler by R&V Works
                            24" Disco with custom burner
                            Red Thermapen
                            2-Maverick ET-733
                            Orange Thermoworks Smoke

R.I.P my little buddy Zazu. 10/4/2020. We miss you.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                              I may have to try that cobbler this weekend with a little bourbon added to it. Recipe is similar to Derby pie.
                              I'm from Kentucky and thought the same thing that's why we made it.

Comment

Working...
                              X