My first Dino ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Dino ribs

Did my first Dino ribs today, as the post says. Used a rub recipe I found online and modified it a little. Did them at 275 until they hit 205. Right or wrong, I don’t know but I like a lot of bark. You could really taste the seasoning in it, and the inside, you could really taste the beef. I didn’t wrap these until I rested them.

And tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like that much “barq” then it’s all good. Personally I’d cut back on the sugar in the rub and the pit temp a bit. But they got a nice smoke ring and look good and tender...so..all’s good.
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      If you like that much “barq” then it’s all good. Personally I’d cut back on the sugar in the rub and the pit temp a bit. But they got a nice smoke ring and look good and tender...so..all’s good.

Thanks. Their was no sugar, other than spritzed on apple juice

Comment

Nice smoke ring. I wish I could find some beef ribs with that much meat on them. Personally I don't care for that much bark. I would give them some smoke, wrap for a bit and then back on unwrapped to firm up. That's just me though. There is no right or wrong...you do what you like!
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Great looking Dino’s, hard to find any up here with any meat on them like you have there. Like Rich said the next time you try them lower the heat a little. I’m all over 270*/275* for a Brisket all day long but when it comes to Ribs the lower and the longer just produces a tender better outcome. I do mine at 230*/235* some foil, some don’t, up to you. Nice smoke ring on those ribs. Good job and for a great show.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by ubet View Post

And tips?
            Yes!!!!
            Get the heck out of my way, and pass the napkins!

I'd bet that Ubet made some tasty ribs. I see nothing wrong with those bad boys & girls!

Comment

Originally posted by ubet View Post
              Thanks. Their was no sugar, other than spritzed on apple juice
              Huh. Rarely do ya get that dark without sugar... and sometimes it’s a bad thing if ya do. But ya liked ‘em so it’s not creosote!
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Only thing I can see wrong is I didn't get to try em out
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

They look good. Nice job.
                  Never Hesitate......Take the Shot.
                  Kamado Joe
                  Magma SS
                  Shrimp Boiler
                  Ninja 6-1
                  Fire Pit

Comment

Thanks. They were fun.
                    I got them at Albertsons, got the criovac and had them split them in half laterally. The ones they had in the case were trimmed down and single ribs about 2-3” long. I’m definitely doing them again, I’ll try wrapping this time and see what it changes.

Comment

Awesome looking Dino's!
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice smoke ring! They look delicious!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

We used to have those here with the meat on them. LOVE EM. For your 1st try ya did well. keep up the good work.
                          My 1st ribs. well. If they buy me a camera I would show ya pics. after an all nighter with Capt Dan helping me. I tried em. black rocks they were looked blacker then the coals in me fire Bx. But I forced a bone are two down. I even opened the fire Bx and fanned it to build heat up. my ribs were covered with ash and crap lol. It was horrible.lol. Now they are pretty dang good.
                          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

I’d love to do this, bhut they are unubtanium around here. If I do see them, they are just mostly bones…

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                            X