X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden update 5_3_20 Lotta pics..

From this morning,

Christmas melon blooming. (again)

Kabocha squash, string beans N okra. Poblanos and Thai chilies at the end. Shallots bottom left, don't show up well. Not growing crazy either. Room here for eggplant, not here yet.

Seminole squash, beans. Maters and Poblanos in the back. Middle row(s) red and yellow ooions, not really taking off. May need more sun? Room for Amarantha, experiment - greens sposed to tolerate simmer. Also not here yet.

Everglades Maters on the left with beans and sorta corn. Sorta cause they not doing much. Green pepper and Poblano on right with more maters in back. Lazy red ooions in the middle. Left room between the ooions for bell peppers.

The transplanted maters. Beans too. The pole on the tall one is 6'.

Just for Rich, beans ready soon!

Bout dime size, may not get much bigger. Sposed to grow a bunch of them, real tangy fine for what I want. Sundried and sauce.

Papayas, one big one and 5 smaller ones. My little pawpaw grove. (1 of 3)

Florida oregano.

Rosemary and cilantro.

Sage N basil.

More maters and red bell peppers. They in jail till they get bigger.

Hungarian peppers on the left (paprika). Green bell peppers to right. Hope to trans plant the greens. Prolly keep the Hunky peppers in jail. Got a few more seeds.

The "East" garden. Corn, beans okra and Christmas melon. Red ooions bottom right.

Okra, beans, corn and papaya in back. 5 more papaya back there. I missed the shallots, they're doing well here - more sun I guess.

Avocados, lot of them. Need rain, lot dropping off.
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Looking good
    sigpic

Comment

That's a whole lotta gardenin goin on.

While they might like more sun right now I bet in the Florida summer heat the shade will do them well.
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        That's a whole lotta gardenin goin on.

While they might like more sun right now I bet in the Florida summer heat the shade will do them well.
        That was the thought. Didn't work so well last year, but I had other problems sideline me. Think I have a better handle on it this year (oh no, thinkin again)
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Dang Mark, that's more like a farm!! Where do you park the tractor...?

Helluva start right there buddy!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Just beautiful Mark! You got it going on, you should get some stuff soon.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

That is a whole lot going on there. I've always wanted to grow avocados and have one inside I need to move out soon. How does fresh picked avocado compare to store bought?
              sigpicTrying to fit.....in the misfits....

Comment

Garden looking good Mark.
                Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

Originally posted by Time2Eat View Post
                  That is a whole lot going on there. I've always wanted to grow avocados and have one inside I need to move out soon. How does fresh picked avocado compare to store bought?
                  To me, much better!!
                  Word of caution on that one inside, takes 10 to 12 years before they bear fruit.
                  Mine was 12 before it had any, it's the "hybrid" smooth skin type. The rough skin (Haas) take 10 I think.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
                    Just beautiful Mark! You got it going on, you should get some stuff soon.
                    Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
                    Garden looking good Mark.
                    Thanks Guys!
                    Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

Mark, almost time for a "Mega Update" soon you'll be showing us all the bounty. Dang you got it going on brother!
                      KCBS CBJ

Comment

A mini update 'll have to do Kind of a cloudy drizzly day.
                        The first round of transplanted maters and me home made trellis. Got a lot of bamboo encroaching from a neighbors yaad. Might as well use the stuff.
                        Top bar is just shy of 6'. They were in a 6' tall enclosure and started growing out the top. Also some beans, ooions, and peppers in the pic.

The newest (yesterday) transplants. Figured it be easier at 4' than 6. Was still a PIA! So far no wilting, look good to go (KOW). Also beans, okra, ooions and Seminole punkins on the left.

Beans, picking tomorrow.
                        Mark
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow. Just wow...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Mark, time for an update on that big ass garden of your bud.
                            KCBS CBJ

Comment

Working...
                            X