Smoked, lo-carb chicken Parmesan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked, lo-carb chicken Parmesan

We make this a lot in our house, as it’s one of the few dishes everyone loves. Tonight I got a wild hair to try it on the smoker.

So, first things first, fire up the pellet pooper to 350.

Then I took two breasts and cut each down into two thin cut breasts, for a total of four. I do this because otherwise they take so long to cook, plus with the size of chicken breasts these days, half of one is plenty for me.

Anyway, they all got a good dusting of seasoning salt on both side (I bet Mad Hunky would be good here!) then dipped into an egg wash. To make these low carb, instead of breading I use Bob’s Red Mill natural almond flour, and mix in some Italian seasoning before tossing the chicken in it.

Then into the smoker,

For about 20 minutes. Not the best picture, it got dark out there and I couldn’t get the flash to fire.

Back inside I turned the oven on to 350, and put a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Then the chicken, and dolloped the rest of the marinara around the sides of the chicken. Next, a good pile of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan followed by a sprinkle of basil. Into the oven for 15-20 minutes to warm everything up and get the cheese nice and melty.

If the cheese isn’t nice and browned after 20 minutes hit it with the broiler to get good color.

Served with a “power blend” of some sort. Black beans, corn, brown rice, lentils, etc. that wasn’t horrible but the chicken was better.

The smoke added another layer of depth to the chicken and was great! I think I’ll do it this way from now on.

Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Looks great!
    sigpic

Comment

Good job, we do gobble up a lot of chicken here at the shack also. have not made that kind. lot of Kiev, Marsala, cordon blue, love the stuff. I do fry some up with corn meal add bell peppers onions and shallots and stewed maters and mater sauce let simmer and over rice it goes. taste good and makes a turd.
      sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
      nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

nice!
        sigpic

Comment

Looks really good Mike. Questions...
          How/what old/brand is the pellet pooper? Looks well used(compliment). Like it doesn't look like a Traeger and looks to be holding up.
          That "power blend" homemade? Looks kind of like that Mock Shoe Kyote posted about.
          Isn't Bob's Red Mill just good stuff? We're lucky on that one.
          Nice cook dude!

Comment

Thanks g-man. The grill is an older GMG Davy Crockett. I bought it used from a friend about a year ago and he probably had it a good five years before that. I'm not sure how much use it got with him as he really only used it when camping. But it's in great shape for what it is.

The power blend is store bought, I think birdseye brand? In the frozen veggie section, in one of those bags you just pop in the nukerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Working...
            X