Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourbon Chicken Recipe

Bourbon Chicken Recipe

This bourbon chicken recipe is melt-in-your-mouth delicious with juicy chunks of chicken simmered in a sweet and spicy brown sugar sauce, a one-pan meal.
    I just normally buy high end bourbon and pour it over ice and kick back with a pot of Ramen noodles. much easier.

Ingredients
    • 1 pound boneless chicken breast cut into bite-sized chunks, or use chicken thighs
    • 3 cloves garlic minced
    • 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
    • 1 tablespoon sesame oil or use vegetable oil
    • 1/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1/4 cup bourbon use apple juice as a non-alcoholic substitute
    • 1/4 cup brown sugar
    • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
    • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional for a touch of heat, or to taste
    • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
    • 1 tablespoon water
    • For Garnish: Chopped scallions/green onions spicy chili flakes
    • Heat the sesame oil together in a wok or pan to medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until they begin to turn golden brown.
    • Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
    • Whisk together the soy sauce, bourbon, brown sugar, vinegar and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Pour the sauce into the wok or pan and reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes to cook off the alcohol from the bourbon and cook the chicken through.
    • Whisk together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir it into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce thickens to your preference. You can use a bit more cornstarch for a thicker sauce.
    • Garnish and serve! I love mine over steamed rice, or with noodles!

sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
    nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.
Working...
X