Turkey breast on a WSM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey breast on a WSM?

Anyone ever done turkey breast on a WSM? Have 6 breast from turkey hunting this year? Any tips?

I've done them. I would just suggest brining them, and cook at around 300-325 degrees till done.
    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Brine, brine, brine!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Be happy to send you a sample of Mad Hunky Poultry Brine... yer gonna wanna brine them is SOMETHING I'll wager...I can get ya a quart to try..should be enough for a whole breast.
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I've done a bunch, too. I agree with brining. Here's one on the 14.5" but i've done them on the 22.5" also.

Here's a cpl I hung on the 22.5".
          Last edited by Bama BBQ; 07-02-2015, 12:41 PM.
          ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Yup, brine! And like Jim (SOB) said, keep that temp up. I usually go 325...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

4x on the brine. Don't have a WSM butt I've smoked a few, like um a lot!
              Mark
              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Fish, shut it on the rolling papers!
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                X