Grilling Himalayan Salt Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilling Himalayan Salt Block

this is pretty interesting kinda neat to check out ....might have to look for one of these

http://barbequemaster.blogspot.com/2...th-meadow.html
    Mike
    Oklahoma City
    22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
    Weber 22.5 Performer
    GOSM 3405gw
    Boomer Sooner Drum
    Maverick ET-732
    Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
    A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Interesting...bit pricey...
    Sunset Eagle Aviation
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

DDD showed a joint where they were cooking on one. I didn't care for the appearance of the meat. Looked boiled almost to me. I never tried it so can't comment on the flavor.
      sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

I have two!! I was gonna post about it when I get my new computer and could take some pics. I love, love, love them. I got two because I wanted one for hot and one for cold. I placed one in the oven at 400F for about 30 minutes and then cooked thin strips of filet mignon on it. It picks up the salt flavor really well. Kept the heat really well. I've seen it used on top of a gas burner with a "lift". I use the other one for cheeses or desserts I wanna keep really cold. You can put it in the fridge or freezer. I want to get an electric griddle to keep the hot one on. I highly recommend them and will post pictures in use as soon as I get up and running with the new Gateway.

Comment

Sorry, I'm out on this,... You want salt.. It's on the table..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
            Yea that thing doesnt hold enough food for me lol, looks like a gimmick

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              Couldn't have said it better myself.....But if someone was to prep a dinner I wouldn't walk away

Comment

I'm in on this one, , ,I'm more about the seafood with it though, seared ahi, scallops, shrimp, ect. folks been cooking on or encrusted with salt for a long time. It's a technique, it's not just a condiment
                JT

Comment

Here's where I ordered mine;

http://www.himalayansalt.com/saltware-tm.php

Link courtesy DangerDan.
                  Thanks Dan
                  JT

Comment

Hmmm. Sooo... how do you wash it? Or just heat it clean? I dunno. Altho I AM gonna order some of that salt to use.
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Hmmm. Sooo... how do you wash it? Or just heat it clean? I dunno. Altho I AM gonna order some of that salt to use.
                      Web site said to wipe with a damp cloth only, no soap or running water. It is salt, , ,so I'm thinkin nuthin should be able to set up camp and make babies
                      JT

Comment

the article says you just rinse it off.

I can see how it would be a good idea for small gatherings or appetisers, but you'd need a few of the extra large ones for any decent bbq.

Interesting idea though.
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I wiped mine down with a damp cloth and then a dry one. It is antimicrobial so no worries about critters. I'm thinking about buying another one to smoke. No kidding, if it would pick up the smoke flavor then use it for whatever else you wanted to that would be awesome. What I really liked about this thing was people were able to sit at my bar with this thing in front of them and have appetizers and a drink while I was finishing dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                            I have two!! I was gonna post about it when I get my new computer and could take some pics. I love, love, love them. I got two because I wanted one for hot and one for cold. I placed one in the oven at 400F for about 30 minutes and then cooked thin strips of filet mignon on it. It picks up the salt flavor really well. Kept the heat really well. I've seen it used on top of a gas burner with a "lift". I use the other one for cheeses or desserts I wanna keep really cold. You can put it in the fridge or freezer. I want to get an electric griddle to keep the hot one on. I highly recommend them and will post pictures in use as soon as I get up and running with the new Gateway.
                            squirrel i would love to see yours in action i am very interested in these..

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                            I'm in on this one, , ,I'm more about the seafood with it though, seared ahi, scallops, shrimp, ect. folks been cooking on or encrusted with salt for a long time. It's a technique, it's not just a condiment
                            this is what i was thinking of doing with it too seafood.....

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
                            Here's where I ordered mine;

http://www.himalayansalt.com/saltware-tm.php

Link courtesy DangerDan.
                            Thanks Dan
                            thanks for the link they are cheaper than the orignal link i had....
                            Mike
                            Oklahoma City
                            22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
                            Weber 22.5 Performer
                            GOSM 3405gw
                            Boomer Sooner Drum
                            Maverick ET-732
                            Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
                            A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                              I wiped mine down with a damp cloth and then a dry one. It is antimicrobial so no worries about critters. I'm thinking about buying another one to smoke. No kidding, if it would pick up the smoke flavor then use it for whatever else you wanted to that would be awesome. What I really liked about this thing was people were able to sit at my bar with this thing in front of them and have appetizers and a drink while I was finishing dinner.
                              so how long will it keep cooking?
                              sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                              members mark upright propane smoker
                              kingsford bbq
                              23"weber kettle

Comment

Working...
                              X