• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium View Post
      Hello?

Yes I did.. It came yesterday.. I think I will test drive it and F up a ton of pies getting use to it..
      Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I suggest cooking one (or3) in the oven before trying the kettle. I found I had to reduce the temp to 475ish (thicker stone) to keep from burning the bottom and still cook the top.
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Ken,
          I got mine from Primo. A little pricey but is porcelain covered. Works sweet and no seasoning. Easy to clean too.
          Primo oval xl, Weber22.5 kettle, 22.5 Weber proforma

Fat Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!" Dean Wormer, Faber College 1962

Comment

Man, I got lucky today. My neighbor needed some help last week picking up a pallet if floor tile from Home Depot & unloading it by hand at his house. 3 hours but no problem. So today he shows up at my house & gives me a 14 1/2 X 16 1/2" pizza stone, an aluminum pizza peel, a wood pizza peel, a huge pizza cutter and an aluminum griddle/grill for my BBQ grill. He owns a restaurant supply house and he said he heard me talking about getting a pizza stone a while back. WOW. Some days are great. This day was especially great because I found out that I don't have prostate cancer. My urologist thought I might have it. I had the biopsy done last week & have been worried since. I'm gonna go have a nice rum & coke to celebrate.
            MES 30"
            A-Maze-N pellet smoker
            Weber 22" kettle
            E-Z-Que rotisserie
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Big Weber Gasser
            Cracker Smoker
            UDS

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              Yes I did.. It came yesterday.. I think I will test drive it and F up a ton of pies getting use to it..

No youll do fine its fool proof, heat it up slowly and before you put the pizza on it, I thought that was a no brainer to preheat the stone but ive seen idiots put pizza on cold stone and then put in grill, whats the point lol. is it pretty good sized?

Comment

Originally posted by L20A View Post
                Man, I got lucky today. My neighbor needed some help last week picking up a pallet if floor tile from Home Depot & unloading it by hand at his house. 3 hours but no problem. So today he shows up at my house & gives me a 14 1/2 X 16 1/2" pizza stone, an aluminum pizza peel, a wood pizza peel, a huge pizza cutter and an aluminum griddle/grill for my BBQ grill. He owns a restaurant supply house and he said he heard me talking about getting a pizza stone a while back. WOW. Some days are great. This day was especially great because I found out that I don't have prostate cancer. My urologist thought I might have it. I had the biopsy done last week & have been worried since. I'm gonna go have a nice rum & coke to celebrate.
                Well congrats on the noncancer and all the cool new toys, post some pics of the goods!

Comment

Im eatin ppizza right now lol damn on this kick! Just in case you didnt know, you can freeze your homemade dough and just put on in fridge the day before and thaw it out and easy pie!

Comment

Yoooooo Dude! That's a damn good day (they all are if you're breathin)! All god chit...now where are the pizza pics?????????
                    Mark
                    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                      Yoooooo Dude! That's a damn good day (they all are if you're breathin)! All god chit...now where are the pizza pics?????????
                      I'm on duty at the FD today. We just had the chuckies that I smoked on Wed. They were very good. I'l take some pics of my newfound toys tomorrow.
                      MES 30"
                      A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                      Weber 22" kettle
                      E-Z-Que rotisserie
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Big Weber Gasser
                      Cracker Smoker
                      UDS

Comment

I'm on duty at the FD today. We just had the chuckies that I smoked on Wed. They were very good. I'l take some pics of my newfound toys tomorrow.
                        Excuses, excuses..... that four letter word strikes again...WORK!
                        Mark
                        sigpic

Comment

I made 2 pizzas yesterday using a crust recipe that came with the new pizza stone. It is a good recipe, similar to some posted here on pizza crust threads. I made my sauce with basil from the garden & pandemonium's recipe, cooked up some sausage to get the grease out & got some fresh mozz. cheese & made 2 excellent pizzas. I put black olive slices, basil leaves, & grated some parm cheese & asiago, cooked 'em on the stone.
                          Pics are of new peels & slicer & pizza in the oven on new stone & precooked pizza. I am happy with the result.

MES 30"
                          A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                          Weber 22" kettle
                          E-Z-Que rotisserie
                          Weber Smokey Joe
                          Big Weber Gasser
                          Cracker Smoker
                          UDS

Comment

Wow... That's a nice looking pie.. Pic is kinda big, but a damn good looking pie..
                            Ken

Comment

Wow... That's a nice looking pie.. Pic is kinda big, but a damn good looking pie..

I let photobucket size it for me. It said they would size it to the best size. Should I size it smaller? (It looks good on my monitor).
                              MES 30"
                              A-Maze-N pellet smoker
                              Weber 22" kettle
                              E-Z-Que rotisserie
                              Weber Smokey Joe
                              Big Weber Gasser
                              Cracker Smoker
                              UDS

Comment

I let photobucket size it for me. It said they would size it to the best size. Should I size it smaller? (It looks good on my monitor).

They look good to me on my 20" monitor.. I do have to scroll a bit.. Best size is 640x480 and no larger than 800x600..
                                Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X