Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Default Twin Chuckies (Smoked with Maple & Cherry)

Twin Chuckies (Smoked with Maple & Cherry)

One of the things that's better than a Smoked Chucky, is Two Smoked Chuckies!!!

Day #1:
I rinsed with cold water & dried two Chuckies with paper towels.
Then coated them first with Worcestershire Sauce (thick), and Montreal Steak rub.
Then wrapped in plastic wrap, and into the fridge for an overnight stay.

Day #2:
Pre-heat smoker to 240˚ (close top vent for pre-heat).
Put Chuckies on one MES 40 smoking rack, sprinkle with a little Brown Sugar, and put that rack in #2 position.
Load bottom of AMNPS with 2/3 Maple----Top 1/3 Cherry (per Todd's suggestion).
Light one end with my "Fat Boy" propane torch.
Put AMNPS on the bars, to the left of the MES chip burner.
Cut heat back to 230˚. Open top vent all the way.

After 4 hours at 230˚, I sterilized my probes, and inserted them into my Chuckies.
The one was at 156˚, and the other was at 157˚.

When my Chuckies were at 171˚ and 166˚, I killed the smoke production.
I wrapped the Chuckies individually in doubled foil, and added the following in each package.

Foil Juice:
4 ounces of Apple Juice.
1 ounce of Ken's Teriyaki Marinade.
2 ounces of BBQ sauce.

When they were at 210˚ and 204˚, with 70 minutes to go until Supper Time (5 PM), I cut the heat back to 100˚, and closed my top vent, but left them foiled, and in my MES 40.

At 4:50 PM the smoker temp was down to about 145˚, and my Chuckies were at 180˚ and 186˚. Pulled Chuckies for Supper.

Unwrap, pour juice from packages into container, allow to cool, put juice in fridge for fat separation---to be excellent Au Jus.

Take pictures & pull Beef.

Also Note: We did not care for the McCormick Grill Mates' Montreal Steak Rub. I only tried it because I saw it mentioned a few times. You don't know if you don't try.

That's about it.
Enjoy the pictures!!!!

Bear

One of the Chuckies all rubbed up:

Two Chuckies ready for an overnight stay at 37˚:

One end lit---Smoking nicely:

My set-up: I use that 9" X 12" piece of Aluminum plate, tilted up on the left side, to direct the heat over to the middle
of the smoker, instead of letting the heat run straight up to the exhaust vent.
During this particular smoke, my ET-732 stayed within 5˚ of the MES digital temp readout the whole time.
You can also see where I always put my AMAZING Smokers in my MES 40.

This picture shows how much smoke I like to have coming out of my fully open exhaust vent.
Not much more----Not much less, but Less would be better than More "IMHO":

Back to my 2 Chuckies and the juice I saved, just after removing from their foil packages.
The lid goes on the juice, and into the fridge, in the back, so it doesn't get bumped:

Pulled Beef is a beautiful thing IMO:

My Supper (first helping---LOL):

Close-up:

Au Jus on right---Fat on left. I just run a knife all the way around, and pop it off in one solid piece.
I throw the fat frisbee out in the yard, for the birds.
The birds have been waiting out there, since they saw me taking the Chuckies out of the Smoker:

Next Day Snack Time---First some pulled Beef in Au Jus (Nuked up):

Then some shredded Mozzarella (I was out of Provolone), and some left over taters:

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-25-2012, 08:21 AM
...I'm still a fan!!!

Rednose Is  A Name Known To All
Rednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
One of the things that's better than a Smoked Chucky, is Two Smoked Chuckies!!!
I couldn't agree more...unless it's Two for the price of One!

I only hope that these turn out half as good as yours look. Nice job Bear and thanks for sharin' everything!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1250001.JPG (119.7 KB, 14 views)

GOSM Big Block
SnPP - Rehab'd after 16 years
22.5" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe for the RV
Assorted Digital Thermos
and a ugly BROWN thermapen cuz it was on sale!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Not Fire it up

Fired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodFired Up Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Man, that looks really good.

UDS
Weber spirit
Weber kettle
Ultrafast Black Thermapen

KCBS CBJ

Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

One of my favorites for sure, nice post Bear.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 01-25-2012, 09:36 AM
RIP Cowgirl Cassidy

BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All
BBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To AllBBQ Engineer Is  A Name Known To All

Chuckies are awesome. There is nothing like beef out of the smoker. I love smoking them with a lot of chile powder rubs, and then make shredded beef tacos and burritos...heck yeah, save that juice. Awesome tut Bear.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:39 AM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Bear, that's a thing of beauty my friend!! Beautiful beef, as well as the photos!!

On edit: Points nazis are at it again... gotta wait on the reload!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 01-25-2012, 10:05 AM
SQWIB

SQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To All
SQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To AllSQWIB Is  A Name Known To All

Awesome post as usual Bear
Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Great looking Chuckies Bear
Old 01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednose View Post
I only hope that these turn out half as good as yours look. Nice job Bear and thanks for sharin' everything!!
Thanks Red!!
No problem---Just don't forget the pics!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
Chuckies are awesome. There is nothing like beef out of the smoker. I love smoking them with a lot of chile powder rubs, and then make shredded beef tacos and burritos...heck yeah, save that juice. Awesome tut Bear.
Thank You!!!
Funny how easy it is to make better Au Jus than you can buy!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Bear, that's a thing of beauty my friend!! Beautiful beef, as well as the photos!!

On edit: Points nazis are at it again... gotta wait on the reload!
I Thank You!!!
LOL---Most of the points I give out are backordered & at least a day late because of people like you!!!!

Bear

And Thank You to Fired Up, Jim, and Mr SQWIB !!

Bear
Old 01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Have a great day!!!

fpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Awesome chow!!

Craig
Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Pit Master

Thank You Scott & Craig!!!

Bear
Old 01-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Orycteropus Bbqensis

curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All
curious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To Allcurious aardvark Is  A Name Known To All

Looks damn tasty

So which bit of the cow is a 'chucky' ?

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head
Old 01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
Looks damn tasty

So which bit of the cow is a 'chucky' ?

Thank You Alex!!!

Mine are usually "Blade" Chuckies, from the shoulder area.
About 3 feet behind the Mooo.

Bear
Old 01-25-2012, 04:05 PM
In Memoriam

Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All
Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
Pulled Beef is a beautiful thing IMO
Damn right it is!!

And love that you saved the drippings, why let all that delicious, smokey, beefy deliciousness go to waste?

Old 01-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire it up View Post
Damn right it is!!

And love that you saved the drippings, why let all that delicious, smokey, beefy deliciousness go to waste?

Absolutamente !!!

Thanks,
Bear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Beef