Posted On: 11-17-2017
Replies: 7
Views: 104
0 Still Blonde...
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 3
Views: 64
0 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs (Second Round)
Last Post: dsgarner06
Replies: 1
Views: 32
0 Howdy!
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 17
Views: 179
0 Nesco vacuum sealer
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 14
Views: 200
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,415 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,851 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,490 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Default Prime Rib (Small, but Many Meals)

Prime Rib(Small, but Many Meals)

Here's another of my Low-Cost ($4.99 LB) Prime Ribs that will not be winking at me every time I open my Meat Freezer any Longer.
These things are Awesome!!! I still can't believe the price!!

We want this to be ready to slice for a 5 PM Supper for just Me & Mrs Bear, so I adjust my times & temps accordingly (going by past smokes).

Preparation:
8:00AM---------Rinse, pat dry, and score fat cap of a 4.50 pound Boneless Standing Rib Roast.
Then coat with Worcestershire (Thick), and apply a thin coat of CBP, Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.
Put on a plate in fridge---uncovered.

Smoking Times:
12:00-------------------Pre-heat MES 40 to 210˚.
12:00-------------------Fill 1 1/3 rows of my AMNS with Hickory Dust, and light one end.
12:30-------------------Put Prime Rib on second shelf, and AMNS on bars to left of chip drawer.
3:00---------------------Insert MES meat probe in center of Roast.
3:05---------------------110˚ Internal Temp.-----Bump heat to 220˚
3:30---------------------118˚ IT
4:00---------------------128˚ IT
4:30---------------------135˚ IT
4:45---------------------137˚ IT-------Kill Heat---Remove roast from smoker.
4:55---------------------139˚ IT-------Slice, take pictures, plate, and eat.

I'd have to say this one was as good, if not better than the ones I have previously called "The Best Prime Rib I Ever Ate" !!!

They're all so good, it's hard to pick the best.

Pictures & captions below. Beware of a couple Drool-Starters!!!

Thanks For Looking,
Bear

Small 4.5 pounder, but can't beat the price:

All ready for Smoker:

AMNS partially filled with Hickory Dust & one end lit:

Fresh out of Smoker, and ready for slicing:

All sliced up---Top two for Supper:

Bear's Supper---GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr------OOOPS, excuse me!!!
Baked Tater for a change----Didn't have any Red Skin Potatoes.

Leftover slices:

Then The Next Day!!!----

Next Day's Breakfast in the pan:

Small slice of Prime Rib, One Egg, some Leftover Baked Tater, sliced and Fried:

Two Sammies for Next Day Supper:
Start with two rolls.
MW, Horse Radish, and Mater slices on left roll---------Mopar Ram High Performance Hemi BBQ Sauce on right roll.

Add Cheese & Lettuce on both Sammies:

Then a heated slice of Prime Rib on each Sammy, and nuke both until the cheese begins to melt.

After the above, I still had another similar Breakfast the following morning, another small slice of Prime Rib for the next night's Supper.
Then I vacuum packed 3 more slices for my freezer for a week or two from now.

That's 7 real good meals for under $23 !!! (plus veggies)

That's All Folks!!!

Last edited by Bearcarver; 04-30-2013 at 02:46 PM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 04-20-2012, 01:17 PM

1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All
1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All1Cavman Is  A Name Known To All

Your killin me here brother
Excellent usage

Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Cavman View Post
Your killin me here brother
Excellent usage

Thanks 1st Cav Man!!!

I never tire of these PRs !!!

Bear
Old 04-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Im Ross,I'm a Meatatarian

rbranstner Is  A Name Known To All
rbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To All

Great meals! I have 5 in the freezer from last Xmas as well that I better do something with. I was hoping go have one after the baby comes and one again once we move into a new house. All five of mine are about the same size as what you have there and they are just the perfect size for the wife and I and then left overs. Great Prime Rib as usual!

Old 04-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

Great prime ribage!!! i'll take a sclice of left overs!!

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
Yoder YS640
Weber Genesis
Weber 18.5" Kettle
Weber Performer
Misfit # 1899

Old 04-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post
Great meals! I have 5 in the freezer from last Xmas as well that I better do something with. I was hoping go have one after the baby comes and one again once we move into a new house. All five of mine are about the same size as what you have there and they are just the perfect size for the wife and I and then left overs. Great Prime Rib as usual!

Thanks Ross,
Yup----I got 6 left, and I got mine at Christmas too.

I've been trying to stretch them until next Christmas, because that seems to be the lowest price time in my area. That's two years in a row I got mine the week before Christmas. This one was my smallest one. They ran from 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 pounds, without the bones.

Bear
Old 04-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Pit Master

Thank You Much for the points, Brian!!

I only have thin slices left, but let me know when you're gonna be here!

Bear

Uh Oh---Being Paged---Movie Time!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:50 PM
In Memoriam

Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All
Fire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To AllFire it up Is  A Name Known To All

That right out of the smoker pic looks so good you should print it out, frame it and hang it on the wall
Think I'm gonna have to stop looking at your threads though, they always look so good and make me hungry.
I just ate but DAMN I could go for a slice of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
Uh Oh---Being Paged---Movie Time!!!
Whatcha watching?

Old 04-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire it up View Post
That right out of the smoker pic looks so good you should print it out, frame it and hang it on the wall
Think I'm gonna have to stop looking at your threads though, they always look so good and make me hungry.
I just ate but DAMN I could go for a slice of that

Whatcha watching?

Thanks Jim!!!
I love my Prime Ribs!!!
Mrs Bear wouldn't go for the "Hanging on the wall".
I'm thinking about hanging a few on the wall of my Pool Room, though.

We watch a movie just about every night.
Lately we've also been "Netflix" streaming a very interesting series----"Bones".

Bear
Old 04-21-2012, 12:08 PM
...I'm still a fan!!!

Rednose Is  A Name Known To All
Rednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To AllRednose Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
.....I only have thin slices left.....
How thin, Bear?....I'll get ya my fax number. As usual, awesome cook and thread...very nicely done, sir!

GOSM Big Block
SnPP - Rehab'd after 16 years
22.5" Weber Kettle
Smokey Joe for the RV
Assorted Digital Thermos
and a ugly BROWN thermapen cuz it was on sale!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Smokin' Fool

El Ropo Is Just Starting Out

Looks beautiful! I can't help but wonder how much better it would be if you rested it for a longer time like 30-45 minutes tented in foil.

Modded Brinkmann Gourmet. Basic UDS. Rescued 22.5" OTS. Stubbs. B&B Oak Lump
Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

I like it bear. Save me a slice. I need to stock up like you guys are doing. Never get tired of PR either.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Yoder Momma!

TATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To All
TATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To AllTATONKA3A2 Is  A Name Known To All

I think I can blame you Bearcarver for my prime rib cravings!! I don't have any of those in the freezer and would really like a plate like that tonight!!

I tried to talk Marty into taking me out to eat tonight for Prime Rib but I got no where!!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Have a great day!!!

fpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godfpnmf Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Looks great!!

Craig
Old 04-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednose View Post
How thin, Bear?....I'll get ya my fax number. As usual, awesome cook and thread...very nicely done, sir!
Thanks Rudy!!
Slices are mostly about 3/8" thick.
Any thinner & they'd separate & jam the fax machine anyway, besides Mrs Bear put the Kibosh on my meat-faxing.

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post
Looks beautiful! I can't help but wonder how much better it would be if you rested it for a longer time like 30-45 minutes tented in foil.
Thanks El Ropo!!
Yeah, this one only got about 10 minutes under foil. I have done up to 75 minutes, and really didn't notice any flavor difference. I usually try to get 15 to 30 minutes though, to keep from spilling much juice. However I like to save that juice to add to my leftovers.

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishawn View Post
I like it bear. Save me a slice. I need to stock up like you guys are doing. Never get tired of PR either.

Thanks Scott!!!
Remember----Week before Christmas!!!
It's funny---When I got this batch of Prime Ribs (actually Standing Rib Roasts), for $4.99, I had one left from the cheapest ones I found the previous year, and I looked at the date on it. I had bought it exactly 366 days earlier. I think it was December 21.

Bear
Old 04-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Smokin' Fool

El Ropo Is Just Starting Out

Quote:
Thanks El Ropo!!
Yeah, this one only got about 10 minutes under foil. I have done up to 75 minutes, and really didn't notice any flavor difference. I usually try to get 15 to 30 minutes though, to keep from spilling much juice. However I like to save that juice to add to my leftovers.
That's what the fresh garlic bread if for! Soaking up all those wonderful juices.

Modded Brinkmann Gourmet. Basic UDS. Rescued 22.5" OTS. Stubbs. B&B Oak Lump
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATONKA3A2 View Post
I think I can blame you Bearcarver for my prime rib cravings!! I don't have any of those in the freezer and would really like a plate like that tonight!!

I tried to talk Marty into taking me out to eat tonight for Prime Rib but I got no where!!
Thanks Tanya!!!
C'mon Mossy!!!
Take your Beautiful Wife out to eat!!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpnmf View Post
Looks great!!

Craig
Thanks Craig!!

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post
That's what the fresh garlic bread if for! Soaking up all those wonderful juices.
Yup---That's a good way, too!!!

Bear
Old 07-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Fire Starter

bigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Gurubigfish98 Is Becoming A Smoke Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post
Ross, Do you get yours at a chain or at a local store. I think Mossy said something to me one time about Cashwise. I just picked up a whole at a local here in Bismarck for 6.99, but if I can stock up at christmas time, I definitely will!

Bigfish
Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Pit Master

tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All
tenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To Alltenacious bee Is  A Name Known To All

I am instantly hungry now! This thread is most timely. Standing rib is my next beef smoke. I can extrapolate enough from the mes step by step to adapt to my kettle or ecbs. Looks tasty !!!
22.5" Weber Silver
UDS X 2
Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
Char Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
Charbroil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
5" AMZNPS
Vortex x 2
Walmart gasser for Mrs Bee.
Maverick ET 73
Maverick ET 732
Maverixk Pro Temp instant read thermometer