Posted On: 11-17-2017
Replies: 6
Views: 99
0 Still Blonde...
Last Post: Richtee
Replies: 3
Views: 63
0 Boneless & Skinless Chicken Thighs (Second Round)
Last Post: dsgarner06
Replies: 1
Views: 31
0 Howdy!
Last Post: Mark R
Replies: 17
Views: 178
0 Nesco vacuum sealer
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 14
Views: 200
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,415 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,851 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 642,490 Polls 36
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...

Old 12-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Default PRIME RIB (My New Best Ever!)

PRIME RIB (My New Best Ever!)

I did this Prime Rib awhile back, but since I did the whole Step by Step on it, I figured I'd post it now.
That way when I do one on Sunday for Christmas Dinner, I won't have to do a whole Step by Step on it.
I'll be able to just show the good stuff!!

I figured it was about time for another one of the Prime Ribs I got on sale to take one for the team!
These Prime Ribs have been turning out so good, it's really hard to believe!
This one is the best one yet!
There is soooo much difference between a Smoked Prime Rib, and one not smoked!!!

Note: The following is just the way I do a Smoked Prime Rib. You can change about anything you want to suit your tastes.

Day One Prepping:

2PM-------Rinse, Dry, and Score through the surface fat.
2:10-------Coat with Worcestershire Sauce (Thick), and rub with small amounts of Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder.
2:15-------Cover with Saran Wrap, and put in fridge for an overnight rest. (A few hours would be OK too)

Day Two Smoking:

12:00 Noon-------Pre-heat "MES 40" to 230˚.
12:00 Noon-------Fill 1 1/2 rows of AMNPS to the top with Hickory Pellets, and light well with propane torch.
12:30 PM----------Put Prime Rib on second shelf, and place AMNPS on bars to the left of the chip burner assembly.
12:30 PM----------Also cut heat setting back to 220˚.
3:30 PM------------Sterilize & insert Meat Probe in center of roast.
3:35 PM------------Internal Temp is 110˚.
4:00 PM------------Internal Temp is 120˚.
4:15 PM------------Internal Temp is 125˚.
4:30 PM------------Internal Temp is 129˚.
4:45 PM------------Internal Temp is 133˚. Kill Power, cover with foil, and remove from smoker.
5:15 PM------------Uncover, take pics, slice, more pics, plate with sides, more pics & eat.

Meat coasted to 139˚ internal temp.

Note: These are one of the easiest things to smoke (IMO).

Thanks For Looking!

Bear

Start with these things:

All rubbed & ready for night-night:

This is the heaviest smoke you can get from an AMNPS, with only one end lit.
In my opinion, any more than this would be too much.
There are two ways of getting this much smoke.
One is filling it to the very top, as I did here, and lighting one end.
The other is to fill it "not as tightly", and not quite all the way to the top, and lighting both ends.

Finished smoking. I just killed the power.
I called the amount of pellets needed pretty close---
I figured I'd be close, but...... there are about only 3 or 4 pellets unburned.
LOL Shoulda played the lottery that day!!!

Ready for slicing:

Rib section removed for Chef---Later:

BearView (Soon to be illegal on some forums):

Bear's Supper:

Bear's Breakfast----Leftovers plus a couple of eggs:

That's All Folks!!

Last edited by Bearcarver; 01-03-2016 at 10:24 AM.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 12-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Lake & BBQ Baby!!

barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All
barkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To Allbarkonbutts Is  A Name Known To All

looks great! That looks like one fine meal.
Christmas comes early!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Pit Master

shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All
shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great!! I'm going to do a whole roast for Christmas, but will be doing it in the oven...
Earnhardt Jr smoker
Brinkman smoke n' grill
a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Old 12-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Pit Master

PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All
PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great, I'm really craving some prime rib about now, but don't get it this year. :-(

Question for ya though... why do you use the AMNPS for the smoke instead of the MES itself?
Old 12-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Biltong King

Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All
Fishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To AllFishawn Is  A Name Known To All

Love me some rib roast..... Just like that too
Old 12-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Im Ross,I'm a Meatatarian

rbranstner Is  A Name Known To All
rbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To Allrbranstner Is  A Name Known To All

Looks great. I can't wait to make mine on Sunday.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:06 PM
In Memoriam

Scarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodScarbelly Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Looks great Bear. I just did one the other day and we are still loving it - need to buy a smaller one next time

Old 12-23-2011, 02:08 PM
SMF/OTBS Refugee

TasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To All
TasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To AllTasunkaWitko Is  A Name Known To All

oh, i'm a goner ~

that looks wonderful, bear ~

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ
Old 12-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Smokin Cowboy

mulepackin Is  A Name Known To All
mulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To Allmulepackin Is  A Name Known To All

That is a fantastic looking piece of beef!

Beef. It's whats for dinner.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Pit Master

Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All
Bearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To AllBearcarver Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitRow View Post
Looks great, I'm really craving some prime rib about now, but don't get it this year. :-(

Question for ya though... why do you use the AMNPS for the smoke instead of the MES itself?
Thanks PitRow!!
The AMNS and/or AMNPS are so care free once lit properly. They put out a perfect amount of smoke for up to 11 hours, without touching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbranstner View Post
Looks great. I can't wait to make mine on Sunday.
Thanks Ross!!!
I can't wait either!

Bear

And thank you Barkon, ShellBell, and Fishawn Too!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Too Much Soul to Control!

lcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling Godlcruzen Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

PR perfection!

GOSM/propane
UDS (Cam)/lump
22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
Weber Genesis/propane
Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

That's pretty damn pretty BC. OK...fiiiine... !

And PS: I remember well holding hadns at SMF and got fed up with it unfortunately. I am not a very patient man...sad to say. Thanks for the patience for the folks who can benefit from it
Old 12-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
That's pretty damn pretty BC. OK...fiiiine... !

And PS: I remember well holding hadns at SMF and got fed up with it unfortunately. I am not a very patient man...sad to say. Thanks for the patience for the folks who can benefit from it

Thanks Rich!!!

I learned a lot from you, erain, bbally, ChisoxJim, MeatHunter, Tas, and many others before you guys left me. I had to repay some!

Bear

And thanks to Icruzen, Mule, Gary, and Tas !!!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Pit Master

tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All
tadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To Alltadowdaddy Is  A Name Known To All

Nice looking prime rib Bear! for you! I'll take mine with a bit of horseradish and maybe some au jus!

Humphrey's Pint
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
Anova One Sous Vide
AMPS
Purple Thermapen
Maverick ET-733
DigIQ DX2
Misfit #1674

Old 12-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Pit Master

PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All
PitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To AllPitRow Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post
Thanks PitRow!!
The AMNS and/or AMNPS are so care free once lit properly. They put out a perfect amount of smoke for up to 11 hours, without touching them.
Makes sense!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Pit Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadowdaddy View Post
Nice looking prime rib Bear! for you! I'll take mine with a bit of horseradish and maybe some au jus!

Thank You Don!!!

Bear

Gotta go----Getting hungry!!!

Bad enough I'm looking at all the great food on this forum---Now Mrs Bear has to make cookies, and I gotta smell them !!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Smokin Bill

minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All
minnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To Allminnbill Is  A Name Known To All

Dang that looks good .cant wait to dig into one tomorrow
22.5'' wsm
24'' smoke vault
1-outhouse
Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
Smoked meathead #135
Old 12-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Pit Master

sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All
sweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To Allsweet_magnolia Is  A Name Known To All

Fantastic!

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Chargriller Duo w/ SFB
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
Weber Smokey Joe
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
Pink Thermapen
Purple Thermapen
Old 12-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Lookin' great Mr. Bear, absolutely great.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Beef