No announcement yet.

Whole butt tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, sorry I forgot to include the "man cave" factor! Still knights on the couch count -!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
      Damn, sorry I forgot to include the "man cave" factor! Still knights on the couch count -!
      ...... I don't really consider it too bad down here
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
        ...... I don't really consider it too bad down here
        Let me see, I think (not much) that's why it's called ...a Man Cave!

I thinks (when I cans), I'd like ta hang out in yo "Man Cave"!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
          Let me see, I think (not much) that's why it's called ...a Man Cave!

I thinks (when I cans), I'd like ta hang out in yo "Man Cave"!
          Git up this way, you in!

Might gonna be a Tri Tip, even if Rich don't like it
          sigpic

Comment

A perfect TL steak is so good, known as the filet mignon. It cuts with a fork. It's med rare to rare in the middle, sometimes with a sauce on top with lots of butter to help the fat that's missing we love and crave. It's a really no fat cut, so not a lot of great steak flavor. One reason the classic has bacon wrapped around it.

It's easy to cook. It really needs to be a prime cut to be best, then it's really special. But all it takes is 1 min too long on each side to lose some of the special magic. And the eaters need to have some past experience and knowledge of why it's so good. It's wasted on folks who are used to a lesser cut.

I have done FM for my wife and friends. They don't taste the magic, but my brother in law does. He travels, has fancy client dinners, he knows the magic of the tenderloin.

There are ways to cook tenderloin paying attention to only one part is meant to be roasted, but I never will till I hit the lottery, a prime cut is really expensive, few will appreciate it, and I don't have the skill to get it right every time. Like buying a prime 7 bone ribeye roast at over $13 a lb. You screw it up, get the meat over 140f, I consider it ruined at about $70. I know. It was tasty, everyone said it was great, I knew I failed........

When it comes to classic steaks, get a Choice 2" thick Ribeye, folks can appreciate it and get the real yummy. Two folks can share one of these at about $18 for two.

Comment

Restaurant Depot has Black Angus whole filets for $13.29 lb (they average about 8 lbs). I was there yesterday. They also had choice for $10.49 and select for $12 something. I picked up a choice..... They also had 20lb packers that looked quite impressive ! that would be one long smoke !

Lang 36" Patio
              Cookshack SM025
              JennAire 45,000 btu with cast brass burners
              Maverick ET732
              Maverick ET7
              A Maze N Tube Smoke generator

Comment

Originally posted by fishermanlawncare View Post
                Here is the deal. If I bring home a 65.00 3 # whole tenderloin my wife will make me live somewhere else and I like where I live but I trying to figure out how to trick her into buying it

Same here!!! Too expensive!!

That's why I would take that same $65, and buy 13 pounds of Choice Standing Rib, and make the wife smile with a few Smoked Prime Rib dinners.

Bear
                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Now ya got me thinking, I have never had a F/M. I have seen them in the meat counter but never made one or had one... Now I am going to have to pick some up to try... Thanks...
                  God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                  Weber Performer Gold
                  Masterbuilt 26" twins
                  Big Chief Electric smoker
                  Brinkmann barrel smoker
                  LEM sausage stuffer
                  Cabela's pro HD grinder
                  Maverick ET-732
                  ThermoWorks Thermapen
                  GrillGrates

Comment

FM is a great cut I enjoy them but a ribeye is the better deal. Walmart has pre-packed and wrapped in bacon for cheap. It's not the best fm you can buy but it's a cheap alt.
                    sigpic
                    Weber 22.5 kettle
                    Smokin in the Smokies
                    Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.
                    Jerry

Comment

Working...
                    X